Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late season tactics

Re: Late season tactics

I'm just going local with my recurve bow, only got a few partial days left in my season, can't complain though, I have game in the freezer...I might do some spot and stalk for muley bucks with the bow, or sit my ass down on a well used trail and wait out for some whitetail..

And a reminder to all who venture out for the best hunting of the year, it's bloody winter time at the higher levels, like my place! Carry chains that you've "Pre-fitted" in your drive way where there's not 2 feet of snow, carry a good solid snow shovel too, a few extra clothes wouldn't hurt either, dry jacket, insulated pants or snow suit, dry socks, gloves, boots etc. On my quad I take my little propane torch and a tent warmer that screws onto the same green bottles, sure helps save my hands and feet with Diabetes, believe me! It's 6 or 8 below here when I leave, and when I'm even with Sun Peaks, the back side, I bet it's minus 12 to 15, with a good wind blowing! A few blankets won't take up too much space either, and food, if your ever stuck over nite you'll thank me! If your not sure about the area your heading into and it's real cold out, leave the kids at home, sure they might be pissed but at least there warm at home! Stay warm and have fun out there!

That's the key....finding those big elusive blacktail....im stoked looks like it will be nice and cold up there

And great words of advice.

Up in Chilliwack yesterday and got a good dumping of snow mid way up mountain....found some rubs and other sign....always a great day when you get out into the snowy mountains