Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poachers caught.

Re: Poachers caught.

seems to be one of 3 possibilities maybe more....

the way they use "hunters" over and over in each of the first 3 paragraphs as well as the title.... how no charges had been laid yet....

either they are trying to greatly tarnish hunters by association ...ie the idea that anyone killing game often tries to get away with some sort of nefarious stuff when no one is looking......

or they are simply trying to stir up hunters to get them to send in comments ie "click bait".....

or ..... the paper is trying to give some sort of subtle legitimacy to the poachers by elevating them to the status of hunter.....
    ie a couple of them "freemen" type who live in the off grid world....
    or perhaps people who feel entitled to kill game no matter what the govt regulations say...
    mabe they didnt understand english and thought they were doing it legal..
    or maybe they saw the injured moose and went to put it out of its misery...

i think they were just damn dirty poachers who got caught dead to rights in a place where there was no place to run...or possibly a couple of native guys trying to make a point...the names would have likely been a big clue
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 01-20-2017 at 10:33 PM.

I doubt it was FN. I know the areas between Enderby and Salmon Arm, the local FN hunt these areas all the time and most certainly claim them as traditional hunting areas. It is possible however that this moose was shot on private land, making this a trespassing issue even if the paper doesn't mention it as such. Plus, I know there are a good deal of poachers/trespassers in that area who think they can get away with junk like this. One local fellow got nailed a few months for taking a moose out of season. Would be nice to see some serious charges laid for a change, maybe it would give other low lifes something to consider before they go and poach.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Hmmm, they were "waiting for" the COs to come on scene???

This seems rather "odd" to me, perhaps. it is another in the ongoing attempts by a certain minority group to establish certain rights???
    There's nothing to indicate that it's a FN situation except your own bias. Turning it into one is inflammatory and an intellectually dishonest move and, I would have thought, below you. But no. Starting to seem like that's the pattern.

Way to create larger gaps and further discontent for the people who don't know better than to question this kind of remark.

A lot of Freemen in that area.

From the terrible reporting, that's my assumption.

Confiscate the vehicle too!!!

Nice that there are eyes out there at all times to see and report illegal activities..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm if FN claims..it would not have gone this far.
    Srupp

It would. Four years ago I witnessed similar situation. FN fellow lost his cow and his guns and was dragged to through courts.
    He was fined and never got back his guns.

...poachers are NOT hunters. Getting sick of the way these articals are written. Mabye time for a letter to the editors.

was something i looked for in the info, of who it may be..didnt seem FN to me from how its written

what i do find interesting an maybe it says FN, seems they werent to concerned and knbew it was coming, stayed anyways. no charges yet? maybe its cause their not sure on land rights for them or something..id assume someone knowingly poaching, an knowignly caufght, wouldnt stick around and keep processing game they know theyll lose?.
    lol, maybe i take back that not possibly FN, but i wont throw them under a bus yet. just pointing out things that dont jive

“They were aware a report had been made and were expecting us,” says Beck