Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Chinook

Winter Chinook

Just wondering if anyone has been out fishing for winter chinook? Any success in the harbour or the W side of Bowen or Howe Sound?
    I was out 2 weeks ago, fishing along W Van and only got one undersized. Heading out tomorrow in the harbour to give it another shot.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Winter Chinook

A buddy and I are going to be in Howe sound tomorrow, priority is crabs and prawns but we will drag some spoons around while the traps soak...Good luck!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Please post up or PM results. I'm travelling until Sunday night but would love to get out in Howe Sound for some winter springs.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

The guys have been limiting out around Victoria, I've heard of a 16 pounder coming in good luck.

Any luck Jam Farm? I'm eating fresh prawns and crab but only frozen chinook tonight lol
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Any luck Jam Farm? I'm eating fresh prawns and crab but only frozen chinook tonight lol
    We got 2 undersized Chinook right at the pink apartments. And I hooked a seal, that was interesting, except for losing my gear.

Ha ha crazy, must have thought you had the big one on! What were you using? Bait, spoons, hoochies? What depth? I,
    m still learning the local salmon fishery..totally different experience than my introduction to salmon fishing on QCI lol
    Last edited by ElectricDyck; 01-21-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Ha ha crazy, must have thought you had the big one on! What were you using? Bait, spoons, hoochies? What depth? I,
    m still learning the local salmon fishery..totally different experience than my introduction to salmon fishing on QCI lol
    I was using spoons. I'm still fairly new at salmon fishing myself but from what I've read, make sure your spoons & flashers are glow. We were using lemon/lime & chartreuse flashers and fishing right on the bottom, often bouncing then just coming up a bit off the bottom.
    I think the fish are being caught on either the far side of Bowen or up howe sound.

Yeah basically same thing I was running..I was thinking of going to the far side of bowen but it was capping and travel is just too slow in my little boat in that rough water..we found some good bait balls down 150 feet in one of the little inlets by horseshoe bay but no salmon showed up the sonar or on the hook lol

Ill probably try next weekend again..fish weather is calling for some good weather and flat seas next weekend..

Yeah basically same thing I was running..I was thinking of going to the far side of bowen but it was capping and travel is just too slow in my little boat in that rough water..we found some good bait balls down 150 feet in one of the little inlets by horseshoe bay but no salmon showed up the sonar or on the hook lol

Ill probably try next weekend again..fish weather is calling for some good weather and flat seas next weekend..
    I'm in the same boat, so to speak. I just have a 15' tin boat so it has to be very flat if I'm going to venture that far. I'm trying to go every week, I'm determined to find some fish.