Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

guest Guest

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

Still on Big Time at the mouth with Sox Spring and the od Ho.

Have at er while u can

any fishing updates? netting making it slaw down?

Was slow last night, likely due to the 2 days netting. Was fishing towards Hope so was hoping some fish were still in the system, lost 1 and only saw 2 others caught. Hopefully better tonight.

On my way home this morning I stopped at flood hope rd. Laidlaw and ferry island. Spent 30 mins at each. Flood hope had 4 fish or so (3 from north that I could see through the binos 1 south). Laidlaw saw zero action. Ferry island is busy as f*** but also zero action.

The commie opening definitely took a toll.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 08-18-2018 at 03:41 PM.

https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/f...eningTimes.pdf

https://www.psc.org/publications/fra...announcements/

Huge FSC Aboriginal opening this weekend from the mouth to canyon. Also another commercial opening planned for Tuesday 10am-6pm. The river will be nuked until next weekend unless they give them another commmecial opening before then which they will probably do after their Tuesday meeting.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Well I've got to say I've come around on this society of the sockeye snaggers My wife got a little fish crazy talking to the guys at work who were doing well. She ended up buying a river rod our stuff wasn't really suitable and after following her around I've succumbed too. I brought my 35 year old Ambassadeur back from the edge of death do to my neglect and years on the chuck and it cleaned up beauty and works fine now.

Kind of spotty up river here no luck today but connected yesterday. I've actually met a lot of nice folks with a low percentage of assholes out there. Glad I got my head around it.. its a meat fishery, get over it dum ass Real nice to see the product of the mega 2010 run living on I'll never forget seeing that up the coast it was amazing.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Was out in Chilliwack four people
    took a couple hours to limit out

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Well I've got to say I've come around on this society of the sockeye snaggers My wife got a little fish crazy talking to the guys at work who were doing well. She ended up buying a river rod our stuff wasn't really suitable and after following her around I've succumbed too. I brought my 35 year old Ambassadeur back from the edge of death do to my neglect and years on the chuck and it cleaned up beauty and works fine now.

Kind of spotty up river here no luck today but connected yesterday. I've actually met a lot of nice folks with a low percentage of assholes out there. Glad I got my head around it.. its a meat fishery, get over it dum ass Real nice to see the product of the mega 2010 run living on I'll never forget seeing that up the coast it was amazing.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 sockeye in the freezer.
    Going for more still.
    Have limited out at my hike in spot 5 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post

Lol it's funny because that's exactly how it spreads .... most of the guys out there that dont know what they're doing just heard from a guy at work how hot the fishing is so they all go. Some are very I'll informed as well.

While surveying the popular bars on Saturday I even saw some people walking in and casting lures ... a guy there was pretty quick to let them know that would be one giant waste of time.

Good thing theres a mobile tackle store now at Laidlaw .... guy selling everything but cold beers out of the back of his truck.

Opening up a hot dog stand wouldnt be a bad idea .....