Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Re: Hunting storys that made ya laugh your ass off.

Years ago we shot two moose in the Chicotin. I then weighed 145 pounds and was carreing a quarter which weighed about 180 pounds. The snow was knee deep and snowing hard. I came upon a pole fence and decided to rest my shoulders by putting the pack on the fence. The weight flipped me right over the fence and pinned me head down in the snow. My partner was mad at first as he would have to take his pack off to get me out. We both had a good belly laugh afterwards.

I was bowhunting with Onesock. He went on one side of the road to find a place to put up a stand. I went on the other side. After climbing and looking for quite awhile I decided to go down and cross the road. I figured I was further down than I was. I went into the bush and eventually found a good spot so I picked a tree and set up my stand. I returned the same way I came in. We were to meet at a spot and light a fire and have lunch. We talked about where we were setup. Onesock says you are pretty close to where I am set up. I never saw any other tracks as I came in from another way. When we were going to our stands for the afternoon we wound up being on the same trail 8 yds. apart.

A few years ago my hunting partner of 25 years was wanting to cash in on his whitetail doe draw late in the season. Now his wife is still to this day not impressed when hunting season arrives, time away etc. Should I say with herself and the two daughters there isn't a lot of support when he says he would like to get away for any kind of hunt. Away he went up to Penticton to visit his inlaws and while the family and his two young girls were kept busy he decided to sneak away for the morning to fill his tag. He drove up into the hills and hadn't gotten to far into his hunt when there was a dry doe that he decided to take. A shot and the deer went into some timber. He waited and then it became his own worse nightmare, the deer had vanished. After spending the day searching and feeling sick to his stomach he arrived back at the inlaws in a very somber mood. the next morning he got up early and went back to the spot to search again, time was limited because he was to take the girls shopping at the mall. Again with no sign of the deer he arrives at the inlaws, packs up the girls, ages 5 and 7, the wife and off to the mall. While at the food fair he runs into a couple who are from the lower mainland also, in fact a guy who he has worked with for years, a guy who at one time was an avid hunter himself. They get to talking over a coffee and the fellow says that he and he wife had gone up to the hills for a drive and a bit of a hike and they came upon a good reason for why he quit hunting, a wounded deer hobbling on three legs. My buddys ears perk up, oh thats a shame and where would you have seen this, they explain the road etc and he couldn't beleive what he was hearing, the exact same place where he had lost the deer, panick sets in, now he is rushing through the mall, finds the family packs them up in the truck and explains to his wife what he has to do. No time to drop them off and up into the hills they go. Parks the truck and up the bank and into the bush he goes, not far along there she was where the couple said she would be, the deer spooks down the bank runs across the road right in front of the truck and the screaming girls and there he finishs the deer off. Loads the deer in the back and then enters the cab to the crying kids and a very not so understanding wife. He said it was a long trip home.

We were all back at the tent having lunch , when are partner comes in all excited. " I JUST GOT MY FIRST BUCK " we all congratulated him. He told us he had shot a nice 3 point mule deer and that it was gutted and still in the cut block. Thats when I came up with the idea to tell him how we all celebrated our first antlered animals. I told him to pick a liquor, or mustard, ketchup or what ever he wanted, then I told him that we would remove a testical from the sack , and he would have to cover it in the liquid of his choice and pop the nut into his mouth. He called BS on me , but thats when the other three guys kicked in " he's telling the truth we all had to do this ". Finally he grabs a mickey of butterscotch ripple and says lets get this over with. So away we all go to the deer. I cut the sack and pass him the shinny nut. He pours the ripple all over it takes a swig and then pops the nut in his mouth. We are all in tears, so after he wipes his tounge rapidly with his hand. He looks at all of us and says I am the first guy to do that arn't I. I got my composure back and confessed to making up the whole story. He was a good sport and found the humor in it , but on the way back to camp with his deer he did say " WHAT HAPPENS AT HUNTING CAMP STAYS AT HUNTING CAMP RIGHT GUYS" " I SAID RIGHT GUYS" . Until this story it had been kept fairly quiet.
    Hope you guys enjoyed it.
    Mike
    Last edited by moose2; 01-01-2011 at 09:38 AM.

A few years ago I shot an elk a ways back in the woods. We went back for the last load and could not find the liver. After a quick search we found it at the base of a Lodge Pole Pine. About that time, from near the top of the tree, a Pine Marten started calling us all sorts of bad names. We got quite a chuckle out of the little bugger's antics and in the end left it a piece of the liver.

back in the day when there was an gos on muley does ..me and my bro camelsfoot went out looking for a beauty 5 pt that he had been trying to track down for the past month..we got parked and went out looking for him ..wasnt gone about 10 min and i run into a group of does...without much thought i draw up and take a nice young doe ..after a couple min i yell out 'hey i got your 5 pt ..hes a beauty ' he shouts back' you prick'..he strolls up the hill to see me cleaning out the doe.. i start laughing like a b---rd..he got a good chuckle out of it as well .we never did catch up with that buck ..no help to me
    Midnight toker

Years ago my buddy and his younger brother and I were hunting blacktails near Lake Cowichan. We had walked a long ways during the morning and my partners wanted to road hunt for awhile. I am not the best road hunter so after an hour or so I dozed off in the back seat of his bronco. I am sound asleep when I hear them both yell " BIG BUCK " I feel the bronco slide side ways in the gravel and then come to a stop. I heard both doors open quickly , by this time I am heading out the door with my rifle in hand still groggy. Once my eyes came into focus I relized I was standing in the parking lot at the Honeymoon Bay store. They got me good. We all had a great laugh over that one.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by moose2 View Post
    Years ago my buddy and his younger brother and I were hunting blacktails near Lake Cowichan. We had walked a long ways during the morning and my partners wanted to road hunt for awhile. I am not the best road hunter so after an hour or so I dozed off in the back seat of his bronco. I am sound asleep when I hear them both yell " BIG BUCK " I feel the bronco slide side ways in the gravel and then come to a stop. I heard both doors open quickly , by this time I am heading out the door with my rifle in hand still groggy. Once my eyes came into focus I relized I was standing in the parking lot at the Honeymoon Bay store. They got me good. We all had a great laugh over that one.
    Mike
    hahahaha..good one!!
    Midnight toker

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

I had a pretty good chuckle this year when I shot my whitetail.

I was sitting in the tree line before I got light out. My two partners took my truck and dropped me off. Through the morning I had been seeing some Doe's and small bucks pass by. One doe was slowly feeding along and I was watching her then notived a buck real close in front of me. I decided to shoot it but needed it to clear some stumps/bush. As I was waiting for it to make the last step I hear something off to my right. Ohoh, it's a truck that has driven into the cut block. The buck is about 50 yards in front of me and the truck maybe 75 off to my right. As I bring my rifle across reeaal slow the buck is nervous... I look over towards the truck now the other hunter is out of his truck with his rifle... oh oh.. the buck takes that last step, the cross hairs on the neck..... boom I drop it then look over at the other hunter and he's dancing around trying to see where the shot came from. I tried to whistle at him but he's obviously looking rattled or cheezed off or both.
    It would have scared the crap out of him..
    I wonder what went through his mind? It kind of made me laugh though. I've pushed deer out to the road before as a road hunter happened to be nearby and shot it so this time it was my turn

Quote Originally Posted by rishu_pepper View Post
    Early season, took the .22 for some grouse hunting. Got there, opened up the trunk, getting the gun all ready; oh wait, what's this trigger lock doing there? What's more, I forgot the key to it... luckily someone has an extra shotty, otherwise I would've been the laughingstock of the group
    That's why I switched to combination locks.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.