Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime BCWF Members

Lifetime BCWF Members

Any Lifetime members out there that have questioned BCWF on their double dipping with Fish and Game Club memberships?? You pay to become a lifetime member for starters, but when you join your local F and G Club you still have to buy a regular BCWF membership!! I've questioned them on it and they claim the matter was brought up at their last meeting but changing the policy got voted down..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lifetime BCWF Members

You got ripped off twice!
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    You got ripped off twice!
    Never would have thought someone like BCWF would hose those that choose to support the organization for life! I don't mind "donating" money for worthy causes but you'd think a person in this country would have a choice. That and I can't believe that all the F&G Clubs go along with it. No BCWF membership dues, no F&G Club membership, that's screwed up!

I posed a similar question about belonging to two or more clubs for the sake of range access and competitions, and not wanting to pay multiple Fed dues, was told the same " it was brought up but voted down"
    Not sure if it was just random chat, or a resolution ?? Would like to hear the argument.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    I posed a similar question about belonging to two or more clubs for the sake of range access and competitions, and not wanting to pay multiple Fed dues, was told the same " it was brought up but voted down"
    Not sure if it was just random chat, or a resolution ?? Would like to hear the argument.
    They told me they do it this way to keep track of BCWF members that join a Club, which is BS for Lifetime members as that info is still passed on via the FG Club when you join. And your right about the joining a second Club, a Lifetime member would have to pay double again. I also asked about access to meeting minutes or who and why it was voted down and never did get a reply. I'm guessing the next move would be to take it to the media and let them ask the questions....

How do lifetime members and direct members have any voice for issues?
    Through a regional board or ?

How much money per year are we actually talking about?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Seems like a really weird way of handling life members....

I'm a life member of many orgs, all of which I donate a lot money each year with. That being said I certainly wouldnt think that annual membership fees should be charged for a life member lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    How much money per year are we actually talking about?
    too much, especially when it is extracted for no good reason

There is a rep in each section of the Province that attend meetings and voice Members concerns, I honestly can't be bothered to waste my time doing that. If a concern is voiced in any manner it should be dealt with. As far as how much money are we talking about, any amount is wrong. At our Club we have to pay the full pull into BCWF to join the local Club, thats what was explained to me when I signed up. So now I have a Lifetime membership card and every year I get mailed a separate card as a Regular member. I'm quite sure there is some legality involved concerning double dipping, another avenue I'll have to look into. My post was to ascertain if in fact other Lifetime members have voiced the same concern to BCWF or if I was the only whiner! LOL