View Poll Results: Did you know about the MU Clusters?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I knew!

22 29.73%
  • I had no Clue!

52 70.27%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cougar Bag Limits - Regional, Provincial and MU's - MU Clusters!

Re: Cougar Bag Limits - Regional, Provincial and MU's - MU Clusters!

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    hmm I always thought that it just ment you can only take 1 from one of those mu's but you could still take one from another as long as you don't go over regional or provincial bag limits. If what your saying is true I bet there are a lot of people taking some illegal deer
    Thought the same myself!

Quote Originally Posted by houndogger View Post
    What's the average age of cats ci in region 4?
    don't no, not sure if they even send a tooth in any more, and from what I have been
    told if they do depends to what lab.

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    Everyone's free to express their opinion, all are welcome. But I do disagree with LBM and yourself.

For a guy that was under an incorrect impression concerning what the bag limit even is to go on to say that any cat over 70lbs are usually killed by Hunters in the EK strikes me as a total load of nonsense and a truly absurdist, hyperbolic statement at best. Please back this up with legit data if you can, that's nutzo! I presume you're just being colorful?
    You stated you are new to the area correct? Well guys that have lived here and hunted here their whole life have a little better of an idea on whats going on with cats than a guy here 1 year. No offense. If you do not think there are guy here that kill practically every cat they tree you have the blinders on. Its not everybody but there is a group that just go to kill every cat. Talk to any old time cat hunter from the area, you might get an education.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Im assuming this is the same for other species suh as deer and bear?
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog View Post
    didn't know it,,,and don't care,,thats my thought and comment
    So why did you and Butthead even click on this thread??

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    I figure polarized opinions are all over the place! I also figure that the Region 4 Cougar Hunt is just fine and is being managed well and in a sustainable way.
    Cougars currently being managed for kitty mill. While likely sustainable, there are no real objectives, nothing about cougars, human-wildlife conflict, or ungulates.

Lots of anecdotes, which are likely unsupported by data, but they sound good when people say them lol.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    You stated you are new to the area correct? Well guys that have lived here and hunted here their whole life have a little better of an idea on whats going on with cats than a guy here 1 year. No offense. If you do not think there are guy here that kill practically every cat they tree you have the blinders on. Its not everybody but there is a group that just go to kill every cat. Talk to any old time cat hunter from the area, you might get an education.

Lol, yes some education - seems to depend on the individual.

BS seems to run rampant in that part of the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Lol, yes some education - seems to depend on the individual.

BS seems to run rampant in that part of the world.
    You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder when it comes to this area, always with your nose up thinking you are better. What ever make you sleep at night GG. You are not the end all be all of bc wildlife, I know you think it but come on pull your head our of your arse. This stuff I am talking about does happen here, believe it or not thats your call. Cat hunting is a gong show here now with any tom pretty well being shot because its "decent" that is what it has come to, I can honestly say I have killed 2 cougars in 13 years, many I let go were killed by the next hound guy to come along. Cats don't live a long and prosperous life here. The moe is working on collecting info with the help of the local hound club here. So I hope all the data that is being collected is going to go to work for the management of the cats.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder when it comes to this area, always with your nose up thinking you are better. What ever make you sleep at night GG. You are not the end all be all of bc wildlife, I know you think it but come on pull your head our of your arse. This stuff I am talking about does happen here, believe it or not thats your call. Cat hunting is a gong show here now with any tom pretty well being shot because its "decent" that is what it has come to, I can honestly say I have killed 2 cougars in 13 years, many I let go were killed by the next hound guy to come along. Cats don't live a long and prosperous life here. The moe is working on collecting info with the help of the local hound club here. So I hope all the data that is being collected is going to go to work for the management of the cats.
    Don't disagree on most of that. Agree you have some major issues.

The problem is there is no objective for cougars.

Under that is people who want so many different things, it is almost impossible to manage. Then there's the anecdotes.

Mandela

As far as the personal stuff goes, there are lines in the sand that seem to be crossed regularly.

Death threats, threatening to 'punch people in the head', shooting collared cougars, calling the COS and making false reports, spreading unsubstantiated rumours all cross that imaginary line. Then there's the people cussing others out for hunting in certain parts of Region 4, only to be found in those areas later with a client in the truck.

Certainly not pointing the finger at you, just informing you what comes out of that part of the world regularly. One thing to have a discussion, a whole 'nother to threaten someone, or make false reports to the COS.

Hope this gives you a bit different perspective/understanding.

Mandela