Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple grizz that charged me

Re: Couple grizz that charged me

glad to hear all ended well...it's good to shit your pants now and then, let's you know you're living life in the fast lane lol

we didn't get our moose this year, but I'd say we talk and relive our grizz encounters way more than talking about any moose kill from the past....you'll be telling this story years from now!

would you say that looks like a sow and 2nd year cub?
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Is there a law that says, you have too run for your safe space when you see G bears? The guy stood his ground and educated two bears, who now have some respect for humans! I guarantee you they will be running in the opposite direction when they hear a shot, or smell a human, unlike some other uneducated bears that think a shot means dinner. Thank goodness you are not a CO. Jeff I would have dropped both those bears no questions!
    Spy ...thanks bud ... memory flash back..haha..
    I wonder sometimes what makes certain people tick ...always one guy has to pick shit apart ....

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    glad to hear all ended well...it's good to shit your pants now and then, let's you know you're living life in the fast lane lol

we didn't get our moose this year, but I'd say we talk and relive our grizz encounters way more than talking about any moose kill from the past....you'll be telling this story years from now!

would you say that looks like a sow and 2nd year cub?
    My opinion brother and sister

I would have just shot them, too much risk for a bloody bear? Great shots but next time they might go all the way and that closing time of 30 yards is nothing, be terrible to get torn apart because of two stupid bears? You're lucky bud but bud careful as I'm sure you have a family.
    i agree you have big balls of steel!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

What is the verdict as to if this was a sow and two year old or two, two year olds ?
    Would like to know
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

Well .. when I see them next i will ask em
    .lol ..
    I will never no
    I say brother sister
    Others say young mom and cub

Had close encounter a few years back, Jeff still get goosebumps talking about it.

Looks like a sow and yearling

Quote Originally Posted by dracb View Post
    Looks like a sow and yearling
    Both bears are at least 2.5 to 3 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Both bears are at least 2.5 to 3 years old
    Now I am impressed Spy. I have never been able to figure out how to age a smallish Gbear standing alone out on the mountainside so as to avoid shooting a subadult (less thn 2 year old) bear. Please do me and perhaps many others a favor and make this a teaching moment. What physical characteristics do you see that allow you to confidently age the pictured Gbears.

Thank you in advance
    Drac