Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTF happened here?

Re: WTF happened here?

Apparently its some guys home business, he preps deer that hunters bring him and this is just a dump site. Even if that's not true, it's likely just a spot a lot of hunters dump their gut piles. That general area has a ton of hunters and lots of traffic.

I don't think it's anything nefarious or weird at all, I come across a lot of carcasses out in the woods.

Crazies on Castanet are saying "This is why we need firearms to be registered." - Not sure what the hell they mean by that, or what it would accomplish.
    Just a case of ignorant and sheltered people not knowing where their food comes from... again.

Ya when I first moved here I drive a FSR home almost everyday.Had to stop one day for a leak and was horrified to find carcasses everywhere.I called the CO and he informed me it was a highways dump for highway struck animals.OK then I SUPPOSE WE'RE COOL??

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    A lot of possibilities... Why hang the hides in the trees though? Weird.
    When I was a kid we did something like this at a ranch dump site in the bush, but we went and stuck a bunch of horse and cow skulls sticking off tree branches. Made for an impressive sight.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    When I was a kid we did something like this at a ranch dump site in the bush, but we went and stuck a bunch of horse and cow skulls sticking off tree branches. Made for an impressive sight.
    Haha oh my. I'd be terrified to come across that

the last time I hunted moose up near finger lake (about 10 years ago), I filled my cow LEH-last time I applied for cow moose as the place was a moose slaughter zone after the clearcutting...we were camped in a clearing in a remote area by a road.... and our meat pole was beside a stump that was visible from the road....after we skinned it we dragged the hide out of the way (onto the stump) ..with all the snow around, it really stood out and looked like it was lying down from a distance...we had a good laugh about how many holes would be in it before someone checked it closer, so we just left it there...silly stuff I know...heheheh

Looks like the neighborhood carcass dump site to me, check the update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va5C17Ul1Uw
    Nothing illegal according to local CO's, must have been a little shocking for the veggy eating dog walker with the potato cam who filmed it.

man does my pc ever not like being on any web pages or facebook page from that castanet group. pc fans go to hi speed and crash from overheating. only media outlet that does that.
    thought i had issue here, just found out its only on their page, anyone else notice their pc gets hot while viewing? obvipously ave something going on in the background lol