Nice Boat Marc. I use to take my kyak down to Cow. Bay to hunt ducks in the grassy channels in the mud flats and did quite well. But my kyak was not stable enough for my dog Dextor and I so I stopped doing this. I have some camo netting you could have if you want to use it to cover your boat. I hope I have done this Quote thing properly
Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Had the FatboyDP out again today but this time it was in my Dodge Dakota. You can work it in the back of a ranger but it fits so much better in the mid to full size class. I had the boat pushed a bit to the left in the back of the box so I could lay the motor next to it on the right. Nice boat Mark. I have some camo netting you could have to cover your boat. I use to take my kyak to Cow bay and hunt ducks out of it but I can,t take my dog Dextor in it so I stopped going. P.S. I hope I have done this quote thing right.

I had Marshall my Chesapeake bay retriever out with me on Quamichan lake this afternoon to get him used to traveling in the boat before fall. The boat plained so much better when he was either standing on the bow or inside the boat with his feat on the bow. You could hear the difference in the motor as well as there was less resistance. If Marshall came back to where I was at the back of the boat it would cause the part of the back deck to dip an inch or so underwater. If he was up forward the deck on the back of the boat was out of the water. I still haven't tried it yet with 2 men and a dog to see how it trucks along. It's rated for 550 lbs so it should handle two guys over 200 and an 85 lb dog.

Had the opportunity to fetch Marshall out of the water and back into the boat today. He was messing around on the bow of the boat and lost his footing and fell in. It was just a matter of grabbing his collar/ scruff of his neck and pulling him in. The boat is sloped pretty good and it's a low profile boat so it didn't take much effort to get him back in and he's over 70 lbs.

I'm hoping to have the deck cover on hand in the next week or so and I'll continue with putting the door blind together so I can practice with the dog in his position so he knows what he's supposed to be doing by next fall.