Re: Alberta pronghorn hunt

Hmmmmm is it time yet???
    Lol
    Cheers
    Impatient

You're impatient??

I'm impatient waiting for your story.

Great meeting you in August. We had no luck but had a great trip.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Hmmm glad it was good hunt, yapretty jacked up about the speed goat trip...I helped phil gat a monster 10 pound rainbow last year here flyfishing...so in yurn he has promised me a 10 pound pronghorn...hahalol....
    Steven

hmmm one of Susans amazing meals elk lasagne with 5 different cheeses..apple pies, choclat chip coookies..chicken tetrazzini...thank you Susan

hmmm this dish could serve 8 adults hope Phil and Blaze bring their A game for eating...

yummmmmmmmmmmm

Steven

I am not hosting you because of the 10lb Rainbow , I am hosting so i can have some more of Susans delicious meals..

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I am not hosting you because of the 10lb Rainbow , I am hosting so i can have some more of Susans delicious meals..
    Susan is a good cook isn't she phil!

Steve even seemed to enjoy my cooking....I think he just likes someone to look after him!!!

Just got back from three days of archery antelope hunting and the rut is in full swing. I was disappointed in the quality of bucks this year. We put on a lot of miles and only saw two of what I would classify as exceptional bucks and only a handful of decent bucks. Numbers overall were significantly down from last year and so was overall quality. I heard it's worse in the Brooks area. That said, there are still plenty of bucks around but the fussy scale may have to be downgraded a bit. It's always a fun hunt. I'd say knee pads and a bipod are a must and of course you can't put a price on good glass...well then again I guess you can but it's important. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Hmmm waiting for this for 10 years...never seen one alive..never going to get a draw again..
    Your reputation puts your words at face value..and I believe you about size and numbers..
    However...I only need one...
    Aleays enjoy all your adventures, your knowlege and sharing..
    Yes we have exceptional optics Swaro spotting scope...binos...rifle is sighted in for optimum longer shots if needed..
    Not looking to set the new world record.....just a respctable adult buck...
    Its dawn to dusk for the 6 days..plus the 2 days of scouting
    Thank you for your advice...certainly appreciated...from such a respected hunting authority..
    Cheers
    Steven

I hope you did well.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Just got back from three days of archery antelope hunting and the rut is in full swing. I was disappointed in the quality of bucks this year. We put on a lot of miles and only saw two of what I would classify as exceptional bucks and only a handful of decent bucks. Numbers overall were significantly down from last year and so was overall quality. I heard it's worse in the Brooks area. That said, there are still plenty of bucks around but the fussy scale may have to be downgraded a bit. It's always a fun hunt. I'd say knee pads and a bipod are a must and of course you can't put a price on good glass...well then again I guess you can but it's important. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

So TJ did you hunt the 150's or is it just rumour the numbers are down..Did you connect with a Broadhead ?