Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is Dease worth the drive?

Re: is Dease worth the drive?

I'd say fly in this year. Book it for 10 days and go for an adventure. FSJ is no adventure. Expect to shoot the first bull you see. I have done both 7-26 and Dease lake fly in, and there is no comparison. 7-26 you will see at least 10 hunters per day. Not to say there is no moose there, but it is sparse. Dease lake is any bull, but as others have said there are no real roads.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

You need to be prepared to walk the scrub brush/swamp areas on a fly in trip. No roads and mostly animal trails to walk. Bring in a zodiac or other collapsible boat to give you travel on whatever lake you camp on.

Preparation and pre planning is king.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

No need o wander too far from the water , especially if you have the lake to yourself . It can be slow and boring , long days watching the edge , a boat is almost mandatory .
    If you find a good fishing lake , build a smoker and bring the salt and brown sugar .
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

thanks guys, after doing some more research and reading the replies here, I think we are going to go to fort saint james and try to hammer it out. dease sounds like an awesome trip but I think we will save that for next year with a little more planning. but we have 10 full hunting days, so if we smack something early we may drive over to chetwynd or fsj and try and pop a mule or an elk. not sure if theres a lot of crown around to hunt for deer? ive heard theres nice animals though

Don't sell your leh short , thats a good area and there is more than moose to hunt. Focus on the one area for this trip , your bud can fill a forking spiker tag too
    If its about killing something big , well maybe the wrong area to apply. .
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole