Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Leh results online now

Re: Leh results online now

Quote Originally Posted by orest.06 View Post
    So what is the consensus? Fair system, shell game, or disfunctional drawing that needs adjusting to remove what appears to be bias?
    Seems to work fine. It is a lottery and its just luck of the draw….random. I just went 20yrs without getting a draw until this year and I put in for pretty much all species some low and some high odds areas every year and change it up. In 35yrs have drawn 2griz, 2goat, 1sheep so can’t complain. Never a moose, bison, rosy in 35yrs. Like said just went 20yrs with nothing. This year I changed it up and waited to the last 2hrs to put in instead of at the start and what do you know….success. Need to keep in mind if the odds are 10:1 on avge for a zone you keep trying for, statistics would say you might get drawn once per 10yrs….that said you still might never get drawn, or you might get drawn more than once in ten years. Its a lottery….random. Hard to get much more fair than that and hard to explain how some just seem to have the luck. Yes there can be long dry spells……always GOS!! Never won the lotto max yet …..maybe one of these days!

SFA, sfa, sfa

can't be disappointed i got my usual. NOTHING

Wonder how many the guide outfitter around here got? Last year he only filled 3. Someone said he had 8 tags.
    I wonder how I would find out?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

We are all very excited around my household. After putting in for years and years and years, I was awarded my first LEH, antlerless mule deer in 3-20.

EVEN BETTER!, My 12 year old son who completed is CORE this year got an authorization for bighorn sheep ewe/lamb 3-29 zone c. One authorization handed out and the lucky little bugger got it! We couldn’t be happier. He is stoked! Beginners luck. What a great way for a father and son to share time together. We will be putting a range schedule together to ensure he is shooter ready. We have lots to plan but what is also neat is my neighbor had this same draw last year and was successful, so there is a lot of good info to go off of already. This is really shaping up to be a fantastic season. I’ve got two spring black bears in the freezer and lots more hunting to do later in the year.
    montec

J-F is offline Thanks for generous GOS!

I've got "Unsuccessful".

There is still lots on general open season. Look outside of BC, we're no so bad off regarding open seasons.

We just need proper management to really enjoy those awesome seasons...

Well out of 16 hunting friends, none of them got any draws. GOS here we come.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"