Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Re: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

I believe that the BC government knows of about 10 cases like yours from 2018 — likely some that weren’t picked up by the system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm yes...I was drawn for late trophy mule deer hunt after 7 years priority points.
    It was known ? Or assumed these eastern units held higher probibilities of CWD..so It was a requirement to submit part of the brainstem for mandatory testing.no animals brains or spinal column were allowed to be transported back to BC.
    So the animal was cut up, bagged in 4mm vacutainer bags, and clearly marked.
    We then waited for the brain biopsy report .it was positive..and animal was picked up from our residence within 24 hrs of notification.
    One other gentleman from this site was 75 miles away his deer tested positive for CWD ALSO.
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
    Not harmful to humans? British government kept saying BSE wasn't transferred to humans, and look where that ended up.
    CWD has been transferred in Macaque monkeys, a good analogue for people.
    Much caution is in order.
    Attempt @ constructive criticism, se vouis plais? Lolz

While both four legged's; other than Scientific classifications as "Bovine" that is, Beef Cattle ain't NA Wild Game! Whitetail Deer: Mule Deer, Moose and Elk are WAY different beasts. Monkey WAY different. Further still are two legged Human and any Monkey variety. Drastically so!

Literally so called "Mad Cow Disease" or as you say "BSE" was a spin YET when actual millions + Millions of Hunters resident in jurisdictions wherein they allege every Deer has CWD prevalent and all are eating these animals steady sans infection? I vouch for the latter. Just Saying
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 07-21-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    Attempt @ constructive criticism, se vouis plais? Lolz

While both four legged's; other than Scientific classifications as "Bovine" that is, Beef Cattle ain't NA Wild Game! Whitetail Deer: Mule Deer, Moose and Elk are WAY different beasts. Monkey WAY different. Further still are two legged Human and any Monkey variety. Drastically so!

Literally so called "Mad Cow Disease" or as you say "BSE" was a spin YET when actual millions + Millions of Hunters resident in jurisdictions wherein they allege every Deer has CWD prevalent and all are eating these animals steady sans infection? I vouch for the latter. Just Saying
    If I shoot a CWD positive deer, you are welcome to have it on the promise you'll eat it all.
    Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    I believe that the BC government knows of about 10 cases like yours from 2018 — likely some that weren’t picked up by the system as well.
    My wife was another. Met with the BC CO's and put all the meat in their freezer for destruction. I had kept the deer in quarters in the freezer and had ground a bunch of the trim and kept it separate. All was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    If I shoot a CWD positive deer, you are welcome to have it on the promise you'll eat it all.
    Just saying....

Where as CWD non transferable to us, I will take you up on that. Promise of "eat it all" includes all edible portions, not gonna eat general gut pile (I do not include liver, kidney heart and tongue in gutpile) or CNS tissue. Though must say I prefer to kill mine own Deer!
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 07-23-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    You are indeed correct..there is a evolving program in Alberta on possible solutions..massive increase to tags..or win one get 2 extra doe tags..extended seasons, culling..however in seeking hunter input they did not think to involve out of Province hunters..I by chance read the survey, completed it and got to chat with professor leading the study survey.
    There were ALOTS of positive CWD results surprised them all.
    srupp

Wild sheep foundations last news letter had a article about it, said wolves and cougars may help with the CWD problem.
    May be something to think about since some of the states and other proviences with less wolves and cats have a bigger
    CWD problem.

Why is this thread in the Mainland BC hunting forum?

Shouldn't it be in the Recipe forum with the other CWD threads?

Funny how this works, I posted CWD information and how it as on its way to BC and everyone shit kicked me. Now after a long time out, it all of a sudden is a topic of interest.
    So good to be back..........

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Funny how this works, I posted CWD information and how it as on its way to BC and everyone shit kicked me. Now after a long time out, it all of a sudden is a topic of interest.
    So good to be back..........
    Uhmmm, more like you have a difficult time making a rational point.

A lot of your focus was on banning baiting as means to stem CWD......this coming from a guy that promotes WINTER FEEDING STATIONS.
    It's like an arsonist showing up and lecturing on fire safety.
    You took a bit of a beating for a reason.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea