Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo,,,,2 weeks to go,,,,chasin the bunnies

Woohoo,,,,2 weeks to go,,,,chasin the bunnies

am stoked,,,2 weeks to go to pull the small bore rifle out and get some play time in chasin few bunnies
    Aim small,,miss small

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Woohoo,,,,2 weeks to go,,,,chasin the bunnies

Hasenpfeffer
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

well,,,been checking a few of my bunny spots,,,,seems like they on their up-swing in their cycle finally,,(in the area i hunt),,,,,10 days to go,,,,be nice to get out with the .22,,,,,get some boots on the ground,,,,stretch the good ole legs out for september
    Aim small,,miss small

Unless they put a ban on all backroad travel. They were talking about wanting the government to impose that ban now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 point View Post
    Unless they put a ban on all backroad travel. They were talking about wanting the government to impose that ban now.
    That would suck but with all the fires I kinda get it. Either way, I just want it to start raining for a while lol…never thought I’d say that coming from BC. It would be tricky to enforce though that’s for sure. Especially with all the resources tied up trying to fight the fires and support the evacuees.

Luckily I can hunt bunnies on my own property. If I use .22 shorts, my neighbors might not even call the po-po.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I got I to wabbit hunting last year and love it. Will be great for the kids eventually too. Tried a braised rabbit recipe but it came out pretty tough. Flavour of the meat was mild, so I just need to dial in getting the texture right. Any tips? I cooled it for maybe 90 minutes. Do I just need to cook it longer? Marinade it with salt to start breaking down the protein?

im a simple man,,,if i only have 1 or 2 i will fry them in butter (not margarine) and light dash Red Robbin spice or seasoning salt on them,,,,,,if i have 3 or more,,,,,i will shake N Bake em and throw them in oven at 350 for 45 min
    Aim small,,miss small

Cook it longer for sure. Make sure it doesn't get to a boil, just a light simmer. Add more fat to it as well. Rabbit is very lean and it needs additional fat added during cooking.

If you are having trouble doing a stovetop or oven braise then just switch to Crock-Pot and let it go all day, it'll fall off the bone and shred easy eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Luckily I can hunt bunnies on my own property. If I use .22 shorts, my neighbors might not even call the po-po.
    Wish I could slay a few mule deer in the backyard with my bow but that's a no no.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR