Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notice to hunters hunting the DeaseLake/StikineRiver Areas

Notice to hunters hunting the DeaseLake/StikineRiver Areas

This might have been posted before, but I couldn't find it..

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...oseHunters.pdf
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Notice to hunters hunting the DeaseLake/StikineRiver Areas

I'll show my licensing info to a provincial wildlife officer, but some civilian on the side of the road can pound sand. The last thing I need is to come home from my trip and find my house emptied out.

Any demand to see your personal ID by anyone other than an officer is contrary to the Personal Information Protection Act.

Under the Wildlife Act, you are protect as follows:

Production of licence or permit

97 If a person who is required to hold a licence, permit or limited entry hunting authorization issued under this Act
    (a) fails to produce it for inspection to an officer on request, or
    (b) fails or refuses to state his or her name and address to an officer on request,
    the person commits an offence.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 01-21-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I'll show my statue card.

Notice To Moose Hunters Hunting In The Dease Lake/stikine River Areas In The Fall Of

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...oseHunters.pdf

Hunters may encounter one or more Game Check Stations that are being jointly manned by staff from the Ministry of Environment (MOE) and the Tahltan Nation. The objective is to improve the accuracy of harvest data from several local areas within Management Units 6-19 and 6-20. Game Check Stations are currently planned for the junction of Highway 37 and the Ealue Lake Road and at the Stikine River boat launch on Highway 37. All hunters are required to stop at Game Check Stations and will be asked to present hunting licenses, LEH and tag information. Data will be collected regarding all harvested wildlife. This information will remain confidential.
    This joint initiative is part of a collaborative wildlife management approach with the Tahltan Nation which has seen a number of new regulations implemented for the fall of 2010. These include:
    - A shorter General Open Season for bull moose in MUs 6-17 to 6-29 from Aug. 20 to Oct. 31
    - A shorter General Open Season for bull moose from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 in the Klappan Management Area
    - Compulsory Inspection of all moose harvested in MUs 6-19, 6-20 and 6-22 to 6-25 - Removal of moose “rut” closures along 6 side roads/trails - The addition of two moose “rut” closures along Highway 37 from Meziadin Junction
    to Dease Lake and along Highway 51 (from Dease Lake to Telegraph Creek).
    In addition, MOE conducted a moose survey in several local areas in March 2010 to better quantify bull, cow and calf ratios.
    The regulation changes are summarized on page 64 of the 2010 to 2012 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis, which can be viewed at: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...g/regulations/
    Compulsory Inspection Inspectors are available in Atlin, Dease Lake, Tatogga, Smithers and Terrace in Region 6. Further information on the times that inspectors are available and contact information can be obtained at: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...i.html#Region6
    Please also be advised that the Tahltan Central Council issued a notice about hunting in their traditional territory on August 16th, 2010 that contained errors in General Open Season dates and the MUs where compulsory inspection of moose is required that are corrected above.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Re: Notice To Moose Hunters Hunting In The Dease Lake/stikine River Areas In The Fall

Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

Quote Originally Posted by troutseeker View Post
    I'll show my statue card.
    IF you meant STATUS Card then unless that is your traditional territory would you not be required to follow suit with the rest of us?

Re: Notice To Moose Hunters Hunting In The Dease Lake/stikine River Areas In The Fall

Picky Pat! LOL

FYI, I merged both threads started at near the same time!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    FYI, I merged both threads started at near the same time!
    I was hoping you were gonna ban Hermie for duplicating a thread and posting in the wrong forum. Yer too soft, David. Wait 'til Gate gets back and starts throwin' his weight around!

So are these cumpulory inspections year round to get numbers on Native kills? In my honest opinion, that is the only way you will get accurate info on the numbers of moose harvested in these areas.