Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep

Re: Sheep

I forgot to mention that im going to leave behind my swarovski 10 x 42 binoculars, I recently used my sons Carson 10x42 binoculars and was amazed at how good they were. So I plan to do a review of the binos while hunting sheep btw they are a company based out of New York and the price an unbelievable 300 or so dollars.

Sounds awesome, good luck and safe hunt!!

Awesome Stone, look forward to seeing one or two more photos yet to the list bud !

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Thanks for your comments. I completely agree with you i also have a passion for very dark rams but then the horns become the issue lol. big horns and black cape tough combination to hit all bench marks. I'm waiting for the young hunter who shot his ram this year to post his ram awesome color phase and scores well harvested it up off the Gatho. good luck on your hunts this year.
    Good luck on yours as well will watch for a photo of trip/ram when your back.

Had to delay my sheep hunt till the 7th few minor issues as well as bad winds to fly in. Every thing is packed and ready to go will record the trip as much as i can. looking forward to being in the mountains

Good luck Stoneramehunter and can"t wait to read some stories of your trip.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing all about it!

Good luck SRH, and safe travels man... great pics and thread, awesome rams and that moose you guys shot in thr one pic was a tank, did you guys shoot him in the alpine?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Good luck SRH, and safe travels man... great pics and thread, awesome rams and that moose you guys shot in thr one pic was a tank, did you guys shoot him in the alpine?
    no shot the moose on the way out in the flats. Way I hunt is sheep first then elk and moose on way out.

The months are ticking away till sheep season. Started my exercise regime 2 mile walks with 20 pound pack for next 2 weeks then will add 10 pounds and on weekend hikes up the mountain. AS the weeks tick by ill add 10 pounds at a time and once a week in the boxing gym . 2 stone sheep hunts this year one to help my buddies 12 year old kid on his grand slam and a solo sheep hunt for myself. Both hunts in region 7. Ive hunted with the same rifle for 40 years a 7mm mag husquvarna with 162 gr rounds with a swarovski 3x9 scope. i have swarovski 10x42 binos but leaving them behind and using 10x42 Carson Binos(i really like them), Stone Glacier backpack , swarovski spotting scope . With food im around 56 pounds, boots are lowa tibets gtx(they are awesome) and sitka raingear. as well i never hunt without my walking poles.
    Last edited by stoneramhunter; 04-02-2024 at 12:11 PM.