Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wood Stove Recommendations for 13' X 27' Cabela's Ultimate Alaknak Tent

Re: Wood Stove Recommendations for 13' X 27' Cabela's Ultimate Alaknak Tent

The weather is getting a bit colder and damper had the Wilderness 5 stove ripping last night I need to find one of those heat activated fans to blow the warmth around.

Why did we have the fire going instead of going away for the weekend well its like this my son and I walked back into the Cabela's bargain cave again and found a box with a vestibule for our tent in it at less than 1/2 price so it came home with us I had to put it on the tent to see how it works.

Overall length of the tent with the vestibule is 39' ...

Next time I set the tent up I'm putting the vestibule on the stove end of the tent going to use it to keep my firewood in and where I am going to do the cooking etc.

Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

How long to set that tent "train" up?

I'm pretty sure that tent is bigger than the house I grew up in.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I sure that they can spot that canvass mansion from the ISS, everytime they make a pass overhead....

what does it all weigh when folded?
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!

Tent is appr 127 lbs

Vestibule I'd guess 20 - 25 lbs

Stove is appr 78 lbs

First time I put up the tent it took appr 1 hr with two people I thnk it would be 20 - 30 min the vestibule took a bit to figure out took appr 20 min.

I'm thinking the entire tent including setting up the stove - tables - chairs - cots - sleeping bags etc will take 1 hr with 2 people when I set it up again.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Zinc isn't toxic, if you weld on it for a few hours you will get zinc chills. If the smoke coming off the pipe is burning white/yellow keep your head out of the plume. Lead and chromium is toxic. Welding instructor here.
    Nice canvas palace!
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

[QUOTE=tigrr;1821839]Zinc isn't toxic, if you weld on it for a few hours you will get zinc chills. If the smoke coming off the pipe is burning white/yellow keep your head out of the plume. Lead and chromium is toxic. Welding instructor here.
    Thanks for that, almost as tired from that myth as the garbage bag toxic for meat one...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..