Thread: Lost firearm

Re: Lost firearm

It’s been done
    majorguns

It was picked up for sure.
    majorguns

I have done this 3 times with the same rifle. Two times I leaned it against the bumper/tire and drove off ... just wet, tired .... both times drove back after 20-30 mins and found it. The second time it was snowing hard so it took me 45 mins of crawling in a circle feeling through the snow.

The third time, I forgot to strap it back to my pack after a break and just continued to hike down the hill. I'm not ashamed to post but I'm too ashamed to tell you just how long I had to hike back up to get it. Let's just say I grabbed water, a head lamp and emergency bivy if I had to spend the night. Lol. Luckly, I used my inReach to send a message from where I took a break and so I headed back straight to that spot. Thank God for having sent that message and inreach for marking the spot I sent it from. Otherwise I never would have found it. And nope, with so much other stuff in my pack the extra 8lb was not noticeable whatsoever. And I was leading the way, so my partner behind me never noticed either!!! *facepalm*

Nothing makes you feel as stupid. Believe me. But shit happens when you're tired and distracted.

I've never lost/forgotten any gear while on the hunt. Just my shit starts falling apart on the way back it seems.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 06-28-2020 at 01:40 PM.

I lost binocs within a 10m square area and spent an afternoon crawling around in undergrowth trying to find it. Lost forever.

Good luck, hopefully the people are honest!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Thanks for the positive people n good thoughts out there.
    majorguns

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    I lost binocs within a 10m square area and spent an afternoon crawling around in undergrowth trying to find it. Lost forever.
    My apprentice lost his binos AND my loaner set within a week... Good thing his head is attached or he’d lose that too. I never strap my rifle to my pack so that helps me remember it.

Hope it gets turned in!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    My apprentice lost his binos AND my loaner set within a week... Good thing his head is attached or he’d lose that too. I never strap my rifle to my pack so that helps me remember it.

Hope it gets turned in!
    i like to think that in the old days almost anyone finding a gun would have instantly felt the pit in the stomach of the person who lost it and would have done everything to return it to that person....different world today but there are still honest people out there and i like to think that your best chance to run into honest people is in the woods...fingers crossed

I canned imagine people finding that RIFLE and playin losers weepers finders keepers ! RJ

There was one returned in bc late in the fall through social media. Hope they get it back...