Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Re: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    should be that way, but the RCMP would love nothing more than to make an example of a person. What the hell do they care ? They don’t pay for lawyers .
    Naw. There's the odd bad apple for sure, but I know so many LEO's and have had so many interactions (RCMP / FBI / VPD ... heck maybe that's why my renewal got approved so fast LOL) I can say with absolute confidence that 95% of the "blue line" on an individual level (the guys you are actually going to pull you over) align with the same political beliefs that are dominant on here. They respect gun owners, dislike Trudeau and are sick of the revolving door judicial system. It would take some serious bad luck to have a firearm seized over a technicality like this. It just gives me a good excuse to take the bow out

Way I see it is that they need to print 1500-2000 licenses per day. One of the two printers broke and they are doing 700-1000 at best. It's probably running some ancient OS (Windows 95? Probably reason for the lack of details LOL) and they have a contract / delivery date for a whole new system at which point they can catch up on the backlog. Until then, they are bumping priority for people that call (people who cared enough to call) and will catch up with the backlog after. From what I gather, they're really only 3-4 weeks behind after running in limp mode for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that bad.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-21-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    I think you'll be surprised how deadly your setup will be, just hit him where it hurts!
    Ouch dude! I thought you're supposed to go for the vitals?

Got mine in 4 weeks from filing, received it about 2 weeks ago (also for handguns). I would take the picture stating the delay, take your old one too. In my personal opinion i would not be going out with out a rifle for protection purposes.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Ouch dude! I thought you're supposed to go for the vitals?
    You're supposed to castrate them first man, step 1 to proper meat care!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

They have had a "broken" printer for over a month now.
    There is over a month backlog now but if you call in and ask for a priority to print they will speed things up. Not sure how that works. But I did it. Mine was printed on friday a full month after being "issued".
    I heard the June 4 rumour about Justine's gun ban but they are still printing licenses so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    47 is definitely light but would work for sure.
    Well is it definitely light or will it work for sure?

Sent my renewal for rpal in and they receieved it on March 28th. Used the online form to renew and had it back last week.
    Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.

If the card has not met the expiration date, I'd carry on as planned. You are approved, you have not received the new card, imo it would be valid until you have the other one in hand or it actually expires.

Otherwise are well all in contravention of the law when we possess a firearm between the date of approval and actually opening the card in the mail? That would be completly illogical.

Like if my licence expires in august and I've already sent my renewal form, maybe it's processed I don't know, maybe my card is in the mail right now. Would I be breaking the law if I went hunting eventhough I have 3 months remaining on my current card? Hells no!

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    If the card has not met the expiration date, I'd carry on as planned. You are approved, you have not received the new card, imo it would be valid until you have the other one in hand or it actually expires.

Otherwise are well all in contravention of the law when we possess a firearm between the date of approval and actually opening the card in the mail? That would be completly illogical.

Like if my licence expires in august and I've already sent my renewal form, maybe it's processed I don't know, maybe my card is in the mail right now. Would I be breaking the law if I went hunting eventhough I have 3 months remaining on my current card? Hells no!
    That's my logic aswell. I agree 100%

Take anyone with a valid pal
    And say you gave the gun to them before your pal expired
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.