Page 153 of 197 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I looked for the bolt expecting to find a big ketchup stain near by.
    The bolt was located but not where it should have been, it was where the buck was standing, not 10 or 15 feet past.
    Yikes.

I tracked the deer a few hundred meters and not a drop off blood.
    Going back to where the bolt was lying I lined things up back to where I shot from.

It was obvious I was way low and had shot into his feet.
    I was at least 2 feet low from the aiming point ???
    WTF?

I had a brace, was 100% comfortable with the shot yet I missed be a ridiculaous amount and on a dandy....fak.

At least I should have him and the shot on video from the cams set up.
    I dropped my pack to grab batteries and replacement SD cards.
    Boot tracks.

Someone had stolen the cards out of both cams.
    I simply can't believe people.

This was not the end to my season I was hoping for nor, could have imagined 30 mins prior.

This area will be surrendered for next season and I will move on.
    I simply refuse to hunt in an area when you have people like this sharking around.

I won't lose any sleep over the shot.
    However, I will enjoy reflecting on seeing that stud walk out over and over in my mind.
    There is something to be said for seeing a trophy buck let alone getting a chance.

I'm good with that.
    Sorry to hear that bud.....as said before, every hunter misses at some point..at least you got to see him....that sucks about the sd cards, what a POS...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    After reviewing numerous pics of the bucks from this year I am pretty sure is the guy I missed and missed badly.

Hell of a buck, what do you think he'd score??

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    That isn't really practical for someone like Ourea who has like 20 cams out.

Besides a-holes would probably just cut the tree down to ruin the cam or smear it with mud to block its sensors or something stupid like that.
    If you were following, you'd have seen that was directed at Bugle M In and his single camera. Pretty familiar with Ourea's inventory and program as we have done some runs together and share regularly.

I lock and secure all my cameras and always have one hidden and unreachable capturing the main one. No trees cut down yet
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

I dont know anything about game cams.....Why would someone take the cards. can they use them in theirs? or just to screw you up?...an anti, or immoral hunter?

Originally Posted by HighCountryBC
    Lock box lagged to a tree supplemented with a python cable and padlock and you won't have an issue.

This is easily done and it’s exactly what we have done for years. We are running several cameras as well. Lots of skids in the bush these days lock your stuff up or you’ll lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    If you were following, you'd have seen that was directed at Bugle M In and his single camera. Pretty familiar with Ourea's inventory and program as we have done some runs together and share regularly.

I lock and secure all my cameras and always have one hidden and unreachable capturing the main one. No trees cut down yet

That one has selectove reading skills skills quite regularly

Getting things back on track...

This buck carried a souvenir around with him for a few hours after working over a sapling.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Haydenmk View Post
    How high will whitetails go? And how steep of terrain do they tolerate?
    I was once up on Blanket Mountain north of Lumby and east of Mabel Lake YEARS ago and run into a heard of WHITE TAIL deer - Could not believe my Eyes ! 6500 FT Elevation - RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    That one has selectove reading skills skills quite regularly
    Ok. Thanks for that? I'll work on it and maybe I can be more like you when I grow up?

The point still stands. It doesnt matter whose cams we are talking about. What I'm saying is that those whose cams have not been messed with are just lucky.

1. Lucky to not have the cams found
    2. Lucky to have cams found by people without ill intent.

If someone found your cams and insists on being a jerk they dont have to steal your cards or your cameras. They could simply take a bunch of mud or a branch or anything , smear it or wrap it on the camera and that camera is as good as dead. Locked or not.

And yes, he runs the risk of being caught by another camera, but that's the case whether you are stealing SD cards or just messing with a cam.

The fact that yours havent been messed with is probably because 1 or 2 above. Lock box might work against a curious bear ..... if someone notices a $600 cell cam behind there, and wants it bad enough, it's not that hard to come back with a couple of tools to take it.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 12-23-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Volume up and listen to the snort-wheeze at the start of the video. This was one of the most action packed evenings I've had in years and years of camming. Great pre-rut activity sorting out the pecking order.