Thread: Upper glenroa / coyote (region 8.11)

Upper glenrosa / coyote (region 8.11)

Hi,

I'm looking for the status of the land on opposite side of Smith Creek rd, east of Glenrosa rd. It seems to be outside Glen Canyon regional park though still within city limits. That being said, I can't find any firearm discharge bylaw in west kelowna per-se.

Any hints ?
    Last edited by x0ra; 01-06-2019 at 08:03 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Upper glenroa / coyote (region 8.11)

I found it just Google west kelowna firearms discharge.
    CITY OF WEST KELOWNA
    BYLAW NO. 0184
    A Bylaw to Regulate, Prohibit and Impose Requirements in
    Relation to City of West Kelowna Parks and Public Spaces.5 Nuisances and Dangers
    a) No person may swing a golf club, propel a golf ball or plastic golf ball of any kind in any
    manner in a Park or Public Space.
    b) No person may carry or discharge firearms, air guns, air rifles, air pistols, spring guns,
    bows or other weapons in a Park or Public Space.

Quote Originally Posted by bankshot View Post
    I found it just Google west kelowna firearms discharge.
    CITY OF WEST KELOWNA
    BYLAW NO. 0184
    A Bylaw to Regulate, Prohibit and Impose Requirements in
    Relation to City of West Kelowna Parks and Public Spaces.5 Nuisances and Dangers
    a) No person may swing a golf club, propel a golf ball or plastic golf ball of any kind in any
    manner in a Park or Public Space.
    b) No person may carry or discharge firearms, air guns, air rifles, air pistols, spring guns,
    bows or other weapons in a Park or Public Space.
    Important definitions being:

‘Park’ means any real property or property subject to a right of occupation by the City for thepurpose of pleasure, recreation or community uses of the public, including parks, playgrounds,sport courts, natural and landscaped areas, sports fields, trails, walkways and other publicplaces and all improvements and may include beaches, and other public places adjacent tolakes or streams including foreshore or land covered by water; but does not include the travelledportion of a highway.
    ‘Public Space’ means any real property or portions of real property owned or leased by the Cityto which the public is ordinarily invited or permitted to be in or on, and includes, but is not limitedto, the surface of Okanagan Lake and the lake foreshore, public parkades or public parking lots,the grounds of public facilities or buildings, public transit exchanges, transit shelters or busstops, including boulevards within 50 m of any public transit exchange, transit shelter or busstop.
    Now, do this area qualify as any of the above ? This area seems to be crown land within city limit (ie neither "real property or portions of real property owned or leased by the City" or "real property or property subject to a right of occupation by the City")

ask buddy tavares

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    ask buddy tavares
    insider joke on the forum ?

nope google him

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    nope google him
    I googled, what's your point ? The area I'm talking about is *not*, from what I can conclude from the West Kelowna online map, part of any zoning (crown land ?).
    Last edited by x0ra; 01-07-2019 at 01:11 AM.