Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buck vs Doe meat

Re: Buck vs Doe meat

Lol grab the popcorn here
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

Mule deer are not actually loved for eating like an elk or whitetail. Whitetail has finer grained meat than a mule deer does, muley has bigger muscles and course grain
    Most people I know make pepperoni and grind mules up --
    Jel -- Muley is more of a hunting challenge for a huge buck, then if you get a big buck, make sausage out of the meat -- moose and elk and bear seemed to be preferred over mules by many.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-23-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Redo View Post
    Which region are you hunting. Many regions only allow for one mule deer regardless of the sex. Unless you mean a white tail buck and a mule doe .
    Yup miner heart attack when I first heard the regs had changed but reg 5 is the draw, so all good.
    Last edited by buck dog; 09-23-2018 at 10:18 PM.

You're good to go then. The regulation change really makes you read it several times, i have a buck already (Reg 4) and have a doe draw for (Reg 3) and i just read it again this am to make sure i'm good.
    If you get both i'd just let your nose lead you the way - younger animals early shouldn't be an issue but i would take the New York / Rib Steaks / Tenderloin out of both for sure then decide on roasts / burger or sausage depending on meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by buck dog View Post
    Yup miner heart attack when I first heard the regs had changed but reg 5 is the draw, so all good.