Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Mineral attractant for game cameras- Feedback

Re: Best Mineral attractant for game cameras- Feedback

We used "red eye mix" this year. Apparently, wolves love it. Bitch and pups rolling around in it. Deer liked it until the wolves showed up. The elk were into it too.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

this year I use swamp donkey molasses block and it worked great and no bears lots of bucks and moose and I brought some deer cane at last time in July and we'll see if that worked had to set the cam to 2 shots stander had 4400 pics killed the batter in a month

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I have great luck with ws salt, but bucks seem to disappear in early sept, mulies and wt. I read once, that once they loose their velvet, that they don't chase the salt/mineral blocks as much, not sure how true it is tho. In my instance, it seems to be like that.

I agree with you thoughts I have witnessed the same effects over my years right now I don't get mr big on the trail cameras anymore it all starts within the last two weeks of Aug ,,one thing I do know is that there still somewhere within this area and its up to me to try and find there bedroom..

Most times I use the blue alkaline block salt the lose alkaline salt works great to get the salt into the ground after a few rains....
    Last edited by hunter1947; 08-25-2016 at 07:54 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Just picked up my camera yesterday , first year using a trail cam , I used a sugar cane block and got my first ever pics of big game ! Had this buck coming twice a day . Not a big buck but this is from region two , less than 400 m from a main fsr. http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Ri...u8s.jpeg.html][/URL]

ive experimented blue vs brown licks and deer seem to like blue better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    ive experimented blue vs brown licks and deer seem to like blue better.

Your right I have tried the brown and the deer elk don't like the brown as much as the cobalt salt blue..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I used primos red spot blocks this year and had lots of bucks from April until the middle of July, but last time I checked the camera none of the bucks that had been there since April were there. first year using cameras, is this normal for blacktails?