Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Harrison

West Harrison

Good morning guys I have a question that I cannot find an answer to definitively on drive BC or google, and when I ask people I get mixed answers that turn me back to my previous findings.

With the flooding that happened a few days ago how is access to West Harrison via mission? Everything I see says its clear and access is good, but I have friends that say their friends are stuck in Harrison but wont say which side.

This is probably my last weekend to go hunting for deer before finals start and once they start I gotta focus on studying. But I don't want to A: get in the way of SAR if they are operating in that area, B: get in the way of locals if they are flooded out, and C: dont want to become in need of rescue.

Any actual info on the way up is helpful so I can make an informed decision.

Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: West Harrison

There is a FB group about this road. In-shuck-ch road updates.

Join that and see the videos. Most videos are being posted from about 70km and up ... I'm not sure where these people are stranded but I assume before that.

However, I have zero reason to believe the road south is any better or washout free.

It's not a good time to be out there right now. I want to go hunting too, but I'll be staying put until I'm certain the mountains are no longer unstable.

Thank you for the information, I'll look into it, I have a feeling you are correct.

I'm totally bummed about hunting too. I was planning to hit it hard this week up at my place. Looks like I won't be able to get up there anytime soon. The season may be finished for me unfortunately. But, at least I'm in one piece and my family is ok. First world problems for sure.

I saw a pic on facebook yesterday. Getting thru will not be an option. Last Nov, I got stuck with a mudslide blocking the road just this side of 20 mile bay. Fortunately, There were logging roads to get around that. I was quite worried having not a lot of supplies with me. Biggest worry was what if I try to drive the Pemberton way out and hit another mudslide.

All FSR's in the coastal region are now closed.
    West Harrison has some big slides, 2.5km, 8km, 22.5km and 38km. The one at 22.5km is reported as being very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by driveby View Post
    All FSR's in the coastal region are now closed.
    West Harrison has some big slides, 2.5km, 8km, 22.5km and 38km. The one at 22.5km is reported as being very bad.
    where did you hear that? It’s only the Chilliwack district.

Time to suck it up and stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Time to suck it up and stay home.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    where did you hear that? It’s only the Chilliwack district.
    Coastal is Chilliwack......

"Chilliwack Forest District" is "DCK" on the map.
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/fa...ts_map2017.png

Here is a link to the notice:
    https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/DCK/external/!publish/ENGINEERING/NOTICES/Road%20Closures/ALL%20FSR's%20-%202021%20Road%20Closure's.pdf