Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain Gear Comparison

Rain Gear Comparison

Industry Leading Outerwear

What's most important to any hunter is how well a garment transmits moisture from the inside of the garment to the outside--this is what keeps you warm and comfortable with less odor. First Lite uses 37.5 Technology in all of its outerwear, an active particle material whose hallmark is just that--moisture evacuation. We have tested this fabric for several years in the field, noting not only how dry it keeps you from the elements but how unbelievably dry it keeps you under the garment as well. We recently sent our SEAK 3.5 Layer Rain Jacket to Vartest, the industry standard in unbiased, third party testing in order to see how First Lite's burliest rain gear stacked up against the competition.

"When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rain Gear Comparison

Thanks Hermit, good to know
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

How does the price compare? Can you post that?
    thanks
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

I just looked it up. What I like about your stuff is that it's offered in something other than camo! I just can't run around all the time in camo - sorry - no insult to those who do.

Any place to buy at reasonable prices?

Call or email or pm for pricing... I haven't updated my site with all the new gear this year.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

i spent a night waiting on a goat this year waiting for daybreak while it rain/snowed steady. The first lite stormtight jacket i had performed great in combo with the uncompagre jacket. All of the first lite gear i wore on that hunt performed great.

I wonder what the practical implication of those numbers is. What I mean by that is essentially "is there really any difference?" (not to challenge you, Hermit...more of a "what does it mean" question).

I know I have a Kuiu Yukon rain jacket (in brown rather than camo!) and it is by far the best jacket I've owned for breathability etc (I haven't owned the other two noted above mind you). Keeps rain out. I don't get sweaty like I do in those Costco rain jackets or many other non-breathable coats that I have.

I wonder what the threshold number is for breathability to show effectiveness? Is it 100% effective at 40k (so anything shy of that is an improvement as you get closer to 40k)? 30k (at which point anything higher is "pointless")? I find water permeability to be a fascinating subject.

And where is your site? Is it the firstlite site?

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    And where is your site? Is it the firstlite site?
    https://www.facebook.com/vantagepointoutfitters/posts/
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.