Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: srupp 2016 adventure

Re: srupp 2016 adventure

Nice write up Steve, thanks. Nice moose too, bet you are sore....

Hmmm hi Tim...Hmmm actually not at all... I merely called the bull down the lake..pulled the trigger..doing physio 3x week.
    Hope your enjoying retirement..you have earned it.
    Cheers
    Steven

Nice moose you and Tim got. Enjoyed the photos and write up! Glad the hunt turned out well for
    you guys! Neat wolf photos too. Congratulations!

Thumbs up Re: srupp 2016 adventure

Great report and pictures Buddy!!
    I just knew these would be worth the wait after chatting with you upon your return!
    Great Job Man!!

Congrats all round!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I noticed that you use citric acid to keep bacteria from spoiling the meat....Might I ask what kind you use and where do you get it from?..I see that this is a very effective way also to repel flies..Thanks ....Dennis...PS..How much citric acid to how much water?...Oh and last but not least ...Great story and pics and hunt..Take care ...
    Last edited by elknut; 10-25-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    I noticed that you use citric acid to keep bacteria from spoiling the meat....Might I ask what kind you use and where do you get it from?..I see that this is a very effective way also to repel flies..Thanks ....Dennis...PS..How much citric acid to how much water?...Oh and last but not least ...Great story and pics and hunt..Take care ...

Hmm bear meat and pig meat spoil from the inside out...all other meat spoils from outside in..that slick feeling on the outside is just before it turns bad.you have a choice vinegar..70..75 % by volume to water. .still pass the pucker taste test .
    Or food grade citric acid...mixing directions are on each carton.lol I have enough for 3 years x 2 moose per year..
    Our situation was great..on the edge of a long lake..on a point..lots of wind..good..during the night.. minus 7 degrees Celsius. .
    So the ph was probably never an issue..however my bull did wind up charging into the lake in a death run..so the citric acid was more to ensure nothing started..
    En route home some snow..rain..sleet..did work it's way through the folds in the new tarps and the meat did get wet..never a good thing..on arriving at home the meat was removed from game bags so no meat touched that next to it. .tip..a ladder across the garage has lots of rungs to hold smaller pieces..quarters were hung from ceiling beam.allmeat was repay ed with citric acid..front garage door up 4 inches back door wide open..next morning meat was chilled and set..no problems.
    We get our citric acid from health food store here in Williams Lake..vinegar is almost as good..citric powder is light and better on fly in hunts..sheep hunts when weight is an issue. Thank you we should have had 3 moose with 3 wolves..was a memorable hunt for sure..57 inch moose from a cabelas camp chair..with a cane for rifle rest..
    Side point...we bought game bags..moose sized..$16 for 4 bags..AMAZING QUALITY.NO FLY COULD EVER LAY EGGS THROUGH.
    Steven
    Last edited by srupp; 10-25-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Forgot to mention in my last post great looking moose Srupp! I can't wait for the day when I get to drop a moose with my bow.

I just had a chance read your story. What a great trip you had. I have to say my favorite part is the part about your new neighbors. I loved the pictures of the cabin and lake. Makes excited about heading to my cabin hunting! Thanks for sharing

Any pictures of dead wolves? Good write up Steve.

Hmmm hi Doug...yes we have several photos of deceased wolves..lead poisoning..260 grains..I will dig some up from one of the cameras..tonight it's 26 jars of blackberry jam..for on those desert things...lol
    Cheers Sir. Terrible experience from Neal...sheeeeesh
    Steven