Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - My Quarter Century Year in Review

Re: 2020 - My Quarter Century Year in Review

Its up with Ray Wiens, he's done a few animals for me, and currently has a few more, always great work from him.[/QUOTE]

make sure to post some pics up when he’s done!

Excellent year hunting, great writeup and super photos Jeff! Appreciate reading about the hunts and seeing the photos. The old saying that 10% of the hunters get 90% of the animals applies in your case! Good luck in 2021!

Thanks for posting, excellent story and pics!

Excellent write up, first rate photos and beautiful country. Well done all around, I personally love hearing about successful solo hunts...a bit anticlimactic not having someone to celebrate with but that moment after the shot hits a bit different when you're taking it in alone in the silence of the mountain. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing the 6 foot cinnamon you put an arrow through this spring
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Excellent year hunting, great writeup and super photos Jeff! Appreciate reading about the hunts and seeing the photos. The old saying that 10% of the hunters get 90% of the animals applies in your case! Good luck in 2021!
    Thank you Kurt! I hope I can one day join you in the ability of saying that you've completed your slam!

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth204 View Post
    Thanks for posting, excellent story and pics!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    Excellent write up, first rate photos and beautiful country. Well done all around, I personally love hearing about successful solo hunts...a bit anticlimactic not having someone to celebrate with but that moment after the shot hits a bit different when you're taking it in alone in the silence of the mountain. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing the 6 foot cinnamon you put an arrow through this spring
    Thanks! Without a doubt it hits different, really get to take it all in. Packing out solo was less than ideal, but with the help of my terrible singing, got through it.

Haha, hope you're right about the bear!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Congrats!!!! Thanks for sharing your story.

All I can say is you are one tough dood,thanks for sharing

Porthunter that was an Excellent read and Excellent Pics. Its guys like yourself that make it worth the while to come on Hunt BC and enjoy the message Board.
    Taking time to take your pics in the field for memories that will last a lifetime. That in itself is so important .

Good on ya for getting your priorities straight and doing these Hunts. We never know what tomorrow will bring and we never know if one of the Big Game animals we want to hunt will get shutdown before we can them , like the Grizzly for example.

Keep up the good work and enjoying the hunt...
    Cheers from Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenaycarver View Post
    Congrats!!!! Thanks for sharing your story.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
    All I can say is you are one tough dood,thanks for sharing
    haha, thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Porthunter that was an Excellent read and Excellent Pics. Its guys like yourself that make it worth the while to come on Hunt BC and enjoy the message Board.
    Taking time to take your pics in the field for memories that will last a lifetime. That in itself is so important .

Good on ya for getting your priorities straight and doing these Hunts. We never know what tomorrow will bring and we never know if one of the Big Game animals we want to hunt will get shutdown before we can them , like the Grizzly for example.

Keep up the good work and enjoying the hunt...
    Cheers from Alberta.
    Couldn't agree more on ensuring to take quality pictures in the field, one of the things I seem to see does lack abit in the hunting community.

I sure do hope we can one day hunt Gbears again... never got the opportunity to take one.

Thank you Springer!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Field pics are incredibly important, in my opinion.

Too many people take crappy ones or dont take them at all. While phones have made it easier, it's not easy to balance a phone by yourself and take a decent pic.

Some people just dont believe in it at all .... and I think that's just wrong. I know there will come a day when I no longer can hunt and when my memory starts to fade. The wall of 8x10s tells a story I will always look back on and reminisce

Mounts and racks on the wall are great, but looking at a mount you cant tell where he came from. You cant tell the time of day. You cant tell what the weather was like. A photo contains those important details. I remember most of them now, but I know there will be a time when that memory will start to fade.

I dont imagine it has ever taken me more than 10 minutes to balance my phone with a rock/stick and snap a few pictures.

Having said that, my biggest buck to date was an early season alpine buck that tumbled into an incredibly steep creek and I had no possible way to take a photo with him before he was cut up and packed out .... I regret it deeply.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 12-19-2020 at 11:02 PM.