Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Re: Provincial mule deer bag limit changes for 2018 season

Ain't that the truth. A set of legs, with a mouth on top....

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Ya KNOW Pat Maybe you should get something DONE and HELP out instead of always just Beaking OFF ! We are just hunters and fisher people ! RJ
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    GOs have no quota on deer but not a ton of interest in BC deer hunts from non residents. Bet GO deer harvest is already around 5%.
    put it on LEH and it would be a hot ticket

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I cant tell if there are a lot of trolls on here trying to set the groundwork for anti hunter's agenda, or a lot of disatisfied hunters speaking theoretically and upon hearsay conversations. Nothing concrete.
    If you really want to know whats going on, get involved. Outside the internet.
    So well said, amen!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Ya KNOW Pat Maybe you should get something DONE and HELP out instead of always just Beaking OFF ! We are just hunters and fisher people ! RJ
    Room for ya on the bus if ya wanna get on RJ, instead of just beaking on the internet!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I've got to say folks....this hunting community, and I don't just mean on this site, is really falling apart.
    If I was an Anti, sitting here reading this stuff, I would be laughing and feeling like "victory is just around the corner".
    It's sad, and really make me want to no longer "click to this site", or any hunting stuff.
    Really, I am at a point where hunting is nearing an end, sooner then later, and a daughter who I suspect
    "will never pull the trigger" (and that's fine by me), who just goes because Dad goes, and at least I can teach her
    about things in nature, and to show her "who dad is".
    I don't mean to dump on all you folks, like I said, I don't make the comments because I am trying to "preserve" my
    daughters future......It's trying to preserve the rest of you guys/gals and having the right, and the opportunity
    to hunt for a long time to come.
    Bashing guys from one Region, or bashing a guy on what he decides to take....is just ridicoulous.
    If things are "managed" properly, there would be no need for this BS.
    The truth is, some policies have really only brought worse results over the years.
    It's become so frickin "complicated" with this should happen here and that should happen there.
    It should be "simplified"....period.
    Worst, much of the "lose of game sightings" has never been hunting related to begin with.....ever.
    And worse, the clock is ticking, and may of you don't see it ......sad....and scary......
    But hey, in the end, I am almost done......it will be you folks who have lost the opportunities.
    And all the time, you only have "squabble and in-fighting" to look back upon....
    That will be your "legacy", and although that wasn't what you were al striving for, it will be what your left with.. Nothing.!
    Couldn't agree more.I'd hoped to hunt with my grandaughters like I do with my sons. I'm probably just old and crochety but it seems that the more toys and gear that come into hunting the worst it becomes.

I think the differing opinions is coming from the hunting community being multifaceted.
    You have people who feed their families with little bucks, you have people who only shoot big bucks, you have guide outfitters who just want to screw over the resident hunters, recently we have what I call "hippie hunters" and still other types of hunters so its not surprising why their not all one voice.
    Lets not lose sight of the fact that the government of this province has done nothing whatsoever to improve life for ungulates in this province, instead of making laws for resident hunters to follow they need to create legislation in regards to road deactivation after all silviculture work is complete in recently logged area's, in many cases these forest companies are controlled by foreigners.
    I for one am dumbfounded by the lack of fingers pointing at this offending entity and their lack of stewardship is appalling.

The best thing to happen this spring is the flooding which washed out roads and bridges limiting access to otherwise road infested backcountry, all hunters must agree on road deactivation and the fact that the people who govern this province need to do something, and anything is better than nothing which is what we have now, we dont need to curtail the resident hunters any further.

Nov 25 to dec 10 archery for mule deer is also going bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I think the differing opinions is coming from the hunting community being multifaceted.
    You have people who feed their families with little bucks, you have people who only shoot big bucks, you have guide outfitters who just want to screw over the resident hunters, recently we have what I call "hippie hunters" and still other types of hunters so its not surprising why their not all one voice.
    Lets not lose sight of the fact that the government of this province has done nothing whatsoever to improve life for ungulates in this province, instead of making laws for resident hunters to follow they need to create legislation in regards to road deactivation after all silviculture work is complete in recently logged area's, in many cases these forest companies are controlled by foreigners.
    I for one am dumbfounded by the lack of fingers pointing at this offending entity and their lack of stewardship is appalling.

The best thing to happen this spring is the flooding which washed out roads and bridges limiting access to otherwise road infested backcountry, all hunters must agree on road deactivation and the fact that the people who govern this province need to do something, and anything is better than nothing which is what we have now, we dont need to curtail the resident hunters any further.
    Nail on the head....

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Nov 25 to dec 10 archery for mule deer is also going bye bye.
    Sayanora....

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post

After just coming back from an R3 mule hunt, and hunting in an area heavily impacted by the fire.
    I can see why the ATV restriction was put into place....
    Some of those fire perimeters are like "highways"...triple as wide as a spur road, and into some
    "prime hangouts" for deer.
    I sure hope they have every intention of "deactivating" these fire perimeter roads.....but I am worried they won't.

IF they did, that would be the best outcome for the future.
    And, then allow ATV's, but have them "restricted to the main FSR's".
    Unfortunately, a there are still some users who just don't care, and would break that rule, all the time, ruining it for
    the responsible folks.
    I cant see that "ban" leaving anytime soon after what I saw the other week...and ya, still a few guys needing to be
    informed on the restrictions.
    Those fires will be great in years to come...but the ministry needs to do something about those fire perimeters roads
    and "really deactivating" for trucks....it won't stop ATV's though.
    So, I expect that ban to carry over unless they can just "limit roads for ATV's to be used on" which is something
    that would also be fair....
    You can up into areas by vehicle, but from there, on foot on spur roads....IMO.