Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: snow pack levell in 4-38

Re: snow pack levell in 4-38

Drove the East side of Kinbasket to Chatter creek and there was not a lot of snow(Area 4-40, just around the corner from 4-38. Still enough to limit access, especially in shaded draws and the north faces, but only for a few more weeks a best. It will definatley be earlier this year than it normally is.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

How's 4-38 doing ?

Access is bad this year not from snow but last year there was a bad mudslide limited access and another fsr I know of another mud slide the first few kms up a friend tried walking through it and sank knee to waste high in mud with damn near a river running underneath it. Still snow in the trees and anywhere you start climbing up lots of snow .... guys with there sleds still out and about up there. You have to remember it snowed a skiff in vernon Thursday night and a few inches up silver star could be a couple fresh ft out that way .... wait till mid end of may when it starts to green up

Doesn't sound very good !

Went out yesterday, not too many roads opened up yet. It's still freezing here in Revelstoke at night, or really close. Snow hasn't melted a whole lot on the roads in the bush. It won't be as early as everyone says here. I had some friends out from Tuesday until Sunday, no bears. The slides that are opened up haven't greened up yet. I'm heading out on May 8 for 10 days, it should be better by then.

My buddy saw bears out north of Revy at the end of March.

The boars will be out, just need to know where to look. Low as possible, close to the lake, south/west facing.

Early April from that country a number of years ago ---- the bears were out.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Any updates on this?
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

There is a picture floating around of a good bear shot in 4.38 last week.

With the spring we're having people showing up on the long weekend are going to find a pile of the slides leafed out making the bears really tough to spot and nearly impossible to stalk.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    With the spring we're having people showing up on the long weekend are going to find a pile of the slides leafed out making the bears really tough to spot and nearly impossible to stalk.
    You are bang on goat guy out there today and slides are filling up in a hurry snow pack as we all know is way down... probably a month early this year. Very dry up there for this time of year and the grizz population is going into a downward spiral in the region due to mostly the ridiculous amount of draws they give in an area that is starting to get sensitive.