View Poll Results: what's a caddisguy to do?!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pack your stuff caddisguy... tomorrow will bring you energy and luck!

15 39.47%
  • Stay up late watching Netflix, sleep in and rest up for next weekend

23 60.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To bear hunt or not to bear hunt in freezing temps, Region 2

Re: To bear hunt or not to bear hunt in freezing temps, Region 2

I've had friends take two bears so far this year, and seen about a dozen or more others in the Prince George area. The bears are out, the grass is green, and it's always nice to get out and scout/hike even in a little drizzle.

I'd do a bit of both. No reason to get up early in the morning for spring bear, so I'd take it easy on the beer but sleep in and then consider heading out for a few hours starting at around 4pm.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

What-- What's "netflick"??? Awww, don't matter, real men are go'in to bed early,it's darn near dark out there anywho now, goi'n bear hunt'in for a couple, three hours in the morn'in, then hitt'in the Gun Show! But- But, No, you stay curled up on the couch watch'in Oprah reruns till 3 or 4 in the morn'in, and leave the "Man Stuff" to us "Men"!!! You have a good nite! I'm bett'in you wear them one piece Jammies with the hood and the things look like slippers sewed onto them, don't Ya!!! Yep, you have a real good nite!!!

To hunt...bears don't shoot themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    What-- What's "netflick"??? Awww, don't matter, real men are go'in to bed early,it's darn near dark out there anywho now, goi'n bear hunt'in for a couple, three hours in the morn'in, then hitt'in the Gun Show! But- But, No, you stay curled up on the couch watch'in Oprah reruns till 3 or 4 in the morn'in, and leave the "Man Stuff" to us "Men"!!! You have a good nite! I'm bett'in you wear them one piece Jammies with the hood and the things look like slippers sewed onto them, don't Ya!!! Yep, you have a real good nite!!!
    You almost had me motivated through reverse psychology, but then I realized it didn't check out because we sleep naked round here. Will see how I feel tomorrow though... 604ksmith seemed pretty sound. Thanks though you cracked me up. I'm off to bed in my "jammies" thinkin bout bears and M.Dean ;-P

And Oprah...

I've probably seen 20 bears this year (a few repeats probably) not hunting just in my travels and it'll freeze pretty close to sea level tonight here. Its not too early IMO there's a lot of feed already around here anyways.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

When I was home last just over a week ago fresh tracks up goudie that was it for my 2 hour outing
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Three bears down in my area, two of them today and our temps are the same as yours. Up until late this week we've not seen much but they are really starting to appear now.

Last weekend saw a bear around 4000 feet elevation near Clinton but it wasn't much higher before there was next to no new growth. Not a lot of bear sign, but lots of moose sign.

I hope to go back for the one we saw!
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

How did everyone do out in Region 2 this weekend? Much sign? Bears down? Looking forward to see reports to come trickling in!

I rested up, watched pretty much every bear hunting video YouTube has to offer while touching up all my knives so they are ridicilously sharp... missing a few patches of arm hair from testing! Filled out our last couple LEH cards, caught up on some picture sorting and got all our gear ready to grab and go for next weekend.

Slight chance I *might* have forgotten to pack my license had I went this weekend... that would have been even worse than the time I forgot to take the electric motor on one of our boat trips last year.