Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: August sheep hunt gear questions

Re: August sheep hunt gear questions

the Internet has made it so easy to become a hunter nowadays. it took me years of packing to learn what to bring and what not to bring, but I kepted going, when I did get a sheep, all the hard work and trial and error paid off. now we have fourms that people ask what to bring, what to eat, where to go. I personally do not give advise on anything, call me old school or a dick, but that's what it takes to be a sheep hunter. I've packed the wrong food, starved, had the runs, ran out of water, packed a case of beer one time, froze to death, had blisters so bad I couldn't walk for two days and had a hell of a time walking out, Ran into a grizzly bear on a kill. just to name a few of my unsuccessful trips. I never asked anyone where to go and if I did it would have been sent to zipper lip creek.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbuc69 View Post
    the Internet has made it so easy to become a hunter nowadays. it took me years of packing to learn what to bring and what not to bring, but I kepted going, when I did get a sheep, all the hard work and trial and error paid off. now we have fourms that people ask what to bring, what to eat, where to go. I personally do not give advise on anything, call me old school or a dick, but that's what it takes to be a sheep hunter. I've packed the wrong food, starved, had the runs, ran out of water, packed a case of beer one time, froze to death, had blisters so bad I couldn't walk for two days and had a hell of a time walking out, Ran into a grizzly bear on a kill. just to name a few of my unsuccessful trips. I never asked anyone where to go and if I did it would have been sent to zipper lip creek.
    Its unfortunate that alot of guys have your attitude. I've worked in several trades and guys have that same attitude there too. It's unfortunate because there is so much wisdom being lost.

Everyone gets to play their life as they want to, But I know I'll be passing along as much wisdom as I possibly can. One thing the internet is good for is knowledge, it doesn't teach wisdom. There is a vast difference between those two.

The best part of this forum is the information available. The fact that so many members are willing to share is amazing. Bad attitudes tend to change the moment they need help. Keep sharing HBC!

Sounds like a great hunt . Been there done that too .
    Lord Hates a Coward ,just go do it .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Are they water resistant-waterproof ?? RJ
    Unless it says Helly-Hansen on it its not Waterproof .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Unless it says Helly-Hansen on it its not Waterproof .
    Come on Buddy for $25.00 they should be ! RJ

The hunt didn't get any easier, you just wasted a bunch of time and money and put yourself in potentially dangerous situations because of your refusal to seek out and learn from people that already made those mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Come on Buddy for $25.00 they should be ! RJ
    Best $25.00 I ever spent

The fact that you are still married(?) suggests you wife is pretty awesome!!! Good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I think you are correct.... How else does a guy go from asking about which pants are best to buy to trying to explain to his spouse how there came to be a $80k skinny water jetboat or diesel 1 ton with stock trailer and a string of ponies in the yard over the course of a few short years... Sheep fever is the only “rational” reason.

Married? No, I just said I have a diesel
    crewcab and pack string........