Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cargo trailer or toy hauler for hunting.?

Re: cargo trailer or toy hauler for hunting.?

All RVs leak, if they leak, they rot. Even Airstreams. Within two years of the purchase of a new RV you should reseal. By the time you have to reseal, it's too late,it's a rebuild. The culprit is butyl tape. For the manufacturer it's easy to apply, quick, inexpensive and does a neat job. And by the time the payments finish, the RV has rotted so you need to buy a new one. Perfect for a manufacturer. It only takes two weekends of your missus and your time to pull the trim ,clean, and apply Siskaflex or Proflex. Then you are good for 15 or 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    All RVs leak, if they leak, they rot. Even Airstreams. Within two years of the purchase of a new RV you should reseal. By the time you have to reseal, it's too late,it's a rebuild. The culprit is butyl tape. For the manufacturer it's easy to apply, quick, inexpensive and does a neat job. And by the time the payments finish, the RV has rotted so you need to buy a new one. Perfect for a manufacturer. It only takes two weekends of your missus and your time to pull the trim ,clean, and apply Siskaflex or Proflex. Then you are good for 15 or 20 years.
    Just about to address this with a buddy's trailer. He's a window shop production manager so at least he'll have some good stuff to do the reseal with. We're going to have to cut out parts of the walls and floor, forced by a stick that poked through it last week.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I have a 21 foot half tone bumper pull toy hauler. It fits the quad, my dirt bike and my kids dirt bike. I tow it with a 3/4 ton diesel and most of the time the quad is on the sled deck. My wife likes that it’s not a cargo trailer, I like that it’s not a 35 foot trailer to pull in the bush. It’s easy to turn sharp and easier to find a level spot as it’s short. Any camping longer than a week then water starts to be an issue because of the smaller tanks. I watched a few people get stuck in the ruts with long trailers, then once they are out they have to walk back and get their stabilizer jacks. My trailer can sleep up to 6 but I think that would be crowded. If I were to do it again I would have got the same trailer just a little longer for the bigger water tanks.
    Barnes ttsx, the four pedals of death that lead to great a great BBQ.

I've had both up til last year and all our trips we took the cargo trailer. Not worth beating up your R/V when you camping with a bunch of the boys. Keep the R/V when your camping with the family. I find the cargo trailer more durable.

I have a 20' enclosed trailer and would go that way again. Sometimes I use it as a camper with fold out cots and mosquito netting, other times I bring the wall tent and use the trailer for dry storage and as cook shack. Instead of a Yeti cooler we bought a generator and a chest deep freeze from Costco. Also bought one of those heavy duty three burner gas ranges from Costco. Very nice kitchen.

The trailer is pretty tough.

I didn't do a late season hunt this year but I wouldn't hesitate to insulate it and stick a diesel heater in there. Plus, you can get a LOT of sh*t into a 20' enclosed trailer.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?