Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carnivore grinder

Re: Carnivore grinder

I have the Cabelas pre carnivore 3/4 hp and it goes through everything... Frozen, chilled, warm, cubed, not cubed, sinew, silver skin, my iphone, and everything else I miss pretty much as fast as I feed it. Its a great grinder that I have put a lot of animals through. I can only imagine 1 hp would be even better and have visions of stuffing a whole moose through the 1.5 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by bang flop View Post
    the 1 hp is great. as others have said.... it will grind faster than you can stuff it. one thing I found annoying is they supply you with a coarse and fine plate, but the most common one, medium, is an extra purchase for $22. also, the stuffing star is cheapo.... it's another $22 for the good one.
    overall I recommend. it is a heavy beast, boarder line industrial.

wasn't aware you can get foot pedal. I don't personally see the need.

go buy it. they do occasionally come on sale.
    The best thing about the foot pedal is that my bloody, slimy hands don't have to touch the off/on switch when ever I need to stop.....just take your foot off the pedal and it stops. IMO it makes it a lot easier to grind, especially by yourself as well as when stuffing.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    The best thing about the foot pedal is that my bloody, slimy hands don't have to touch the off/on switch when ever I need to stop.....just take your foot off the pedal and it stops. IMO it makes it a lot easier to grind, especially by yourself as well as when stuffing.

Cheers

SS
    I agree, a foot pedal would be the way to go for stuffing.

can you get a foot pedal for the carnivore?

well look at that... there it is....
    https://www.cabelas.ca/product/64889...der-foot-pedal

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I have the Cabelas pre carnivore 3/4 hp and it goes through everything... Frozen, chilled, warm, cubed, not cubed, sinew, silver skin, my iphone, and everything else I miss pretty much as fast as I feed it. Its a great grinder that I have put a lot of animals through. I can only imagine 1 hp would be even better and have visions of stuffing a whole moose through the 1.5 hp.
    Wonder how the 1/2 hp would perform?

Hmmmm watched a presentation on foot switches for grinders. .hard on motors..as they reduce speed..off on by vontrolling power..amps? Watts?..to the motor..not good.
    I am not an electrician..just passing along what I viewed.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmmm watched a presentation on foot switches for grinders. .hard on motors..as they reduce speed..off on by vontrolling power..amps? Watts?..to the motor..not good.
    I am not an electrician..just passing along what I viewed.
    Steven
    The pedal Cabela's sells is just like a switch. Step on it the grinder turns on. Take your foot off it shuts off. Don't know how that would hurt the grinder motor. I've been using one for two years and no problems yet. It is very handy for a one person operation.

Pedal is just an inline contact. Same as switching on and off at the grinder not an issue at all.

A couple years ago 3 of us bought the 3/4 horse power carnivore and it's all we will ever need. It's a beast, just hammers through game without a hiccup. I think it's had about 6 or 8 deer though it so far, as well as a half a pigs worth of pork for sausage mix.
    However the sausage stuffing tubes are pretty much a gimmick. Buy a real sausage stuffer if your going to bother making some.
    You would be hard pressed to get the unit warmed up doing a deer or two.
    Life's like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today, might burn your arse tomorrow