Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: My EBike Hunting Rig

Re: My EBike Hunting Rig

Well you can modify a moped to not be a moped too....if it requires peddling to work then quite simply it is not self propelled, no grey/gray area at all!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    There are e bikes that are 100% self propelled. One example would he the ebay kits that convert your mountain bike into an e bike.

Replaces you front or rear wheel with one that has a hub motor, add battery and you got an e bike, no pedal assist required.

BC laws in regards to motor vehicles

""motor vehicle" means a vehicle, not run on rails, that is designed to be self-propelled or propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but does not include mobile equipment or a motor assisted cycle;

"motor assisted cycle" means a device
    (a)
    to which pedals or hand cranks are attached that will allow for the cycle to be propelled by human power,

(b)
    on which a person may ride,

(c)
    to which is attached a motor of a prescribed type that has an output not exceeding the prescribed output, and

(d)
    that meets the other criteria prescribed under section 182.1 (3);

182.1 states must be 16 to operate on hiways.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    BC laws in regards to motor vehicles

""motor vehicle" means a vehicle, not run on rails, that is designed to be self-propelled or propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but does not include mobile equipment or a motor assisted cycle;

"motor assisted cycle" means a device
    (a)
    to which pedals or hand cranks are attached that will allow for the cycle to be propelled by human power,

(b)
    on which a person may ride,

(c)
    to which is attached a motor of a prescribed type that has an output not exceeding the prescribed output, and

(d)
    that meets the other criteria prescribed under section 182.1 (3);

182.1 states must be 16 to operate on hiways.

Again, read the definition for motor vehicle in the act that actually pertains to/matters in this case, the wildlife act, not the motor vehicle act. Motor vehicle act definition has no relevance here since the wildlife act has its own specific definition.

Really nice set up! I was thinking on something like this so I could use it for hunting and also commuting to work (throw deer/kid on the trailer) but the price tag of the ebike was discouraging. Would love to have and atv but that will also incur in a bunch more of extra cost. For now I will keep using my legs to get to the deer and my back to carry it out.

dont forget to upload some pictures with your first kill on that trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Again, read the definition for motor vehicle in the act that actually pertains to/matters in this case, the wildlife act, not the motor vehicle act. Motor vehicle act definition has no relevance here since the wildlife act has its own specific definition.
    Dude, this is from the bc wildlife act...."motor vehicle" means a device in, on or by which a person or thing is being or may be transported or drawn, and which is designed to be self propelled, and includes an atv or snowmobile, but does not include
    (a)
    a device designed to be moved by human, animal or wind power,

(b)
    a device designed to be used exclusively on stationary rails or stationary tracks, or

(c)
    a boat propelled by motorized power;

>>>>>>>>>>>it says right there , and (AND) which is designed to be (SELF PROPELLED)....E-bike assist is NOT SELF-PROPELLED! an electric bike would be self propelled.

and it says>>>> but does not include a device designed to be moved by human power...

an e-bike only moves forward as by design by human power..if human power doesn't pedal the bike it will NOT move

E-bikes are not designed to be self propelled....they have to be peddled and the e-motor only assists the pedaling ....
    Pretty SIMPLE there to understand whats LEGAL then ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Pretty SIMPLE there to understand whats LEGAL then ! RJ
    yes it is but there are always those that want to play the devils advocate and try to confuse things!

yes it is but there are always those that want to play the devils advocate and try to confuse things!
    Or Create Doubt or ?? to Cover there AZZE's ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Or Create Doubt or ?? to Cover there AZZE's ! RJ
    LOL....." but Judge, hawk-i said it was ok" you have to take anything you read on the internet with a grain of salt!

BUT Still, word for word its pretty straight forward from my view.

Now that is a real nice set up you have. Does the whole unit weigh much?
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.