Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Re: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

I think it is all about respect and common sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Boundary Bush Rat View Post
    Yes Emerson, I think I may have hit the nerve I was aiming at. Doesn’t much matter to me. Was just trying to help the blind to see what they cannot. Stay angry that your road was blocked, honey hole was logged, locals living out there lives...... And people seem so much more amped these days with all the hype of the current situation.

When the doe season is over and the deep snow shows up, it will be back to normal and we will have our country back for the locals to respect and enjoy. I do agree not to paint all with the same brush. I am a hunter, a snowmobiler, a logger and many more things that many will have opinions that do not align. I am not asking for agreement, I am counselling on the opportunity for understanding.

The Cidiot attitude, well....... I have enough friends on both sides of the border of City and Rural and I know a Cidiot when I see one. Believe it or not us country folks are much different than many of those that live in a Culdesac. Lucky for the ones on the ATV i was on the clock. May have gone differently on Boundary Time! But not at my choice! I am here for a reason!

Happy Trails! BBR.
    You better stop there you're starting to sound more and more self-righteous and pompous with each post.

signing up on a forum to "educate" all of us is actually accomplishing nothing...I get it, shitty situation and you're venting, does it make you feel any better? at first I could show some empathy for your frustration, but the more the OP posts the more I agree with Keta1969 post

the type of individuals that act disrespectful in the bush, are highly unlikely the type that will change their ways reading a strangers post in a forum....if anything they are the type that enjoy seeing the controversy they've stirred up

I've lived in in tiny communities before (population 38 up to 2500), and I've lived in large cities, I have noticed that each demographic has equally negative preconceived opinions about each other....my personal approach is just to not let the bs ruin my day, keep to myself, do my thing, move on, or if needed deal with the situation head on

perhaps the best option would have been to exercise your position of authority and educate the offended parties immediately....accomplishing nothing useful here
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

There are a lot of ignorant people out there. I used to think all those out hunting were like minded people to myself, what a disappointment that turned out to be. I hazard a guess some of them are locals too. Some of those small town inbred sheep screwers think they own the bush around their parts. Lol

Not going to defend the guy who was mad logging equipment was blocking the road, don't mess with a guys livelyhood, but I do have a question.

a man on a quad with a woman standing beside him, presumably off to the side as your son had room to pass, are minding their own business then as your son rides his dirt bike passed they suddenly lose it for no reason? Maybe, or maybe there is more to the story. Did your son go flying by at 50kmh? Did he cut it so close that he almost hit the woman? Lots of options but few include a pair of hunters losing it at a person on a dirt bike who is not hunting for no reason.

And between my property in the Cariboo, a family ranch close to PG and my experience working oil and gas across Western Canada, as a rule, I would take a citiot who doesn't know better over a local who knows everything including where my property line is, who has keys to a gate I installed, that an ROW is actually a public road and so forth. Sorry you are having so many issues, and your first post is a good reminder to be kind, but you to must remember crown land is there for ALL to use as they see fit legally.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    Signing up on a forum to 'educate' all of us is actually accomplishing nothing. I get it, shitty situation and you're venting, does it make you feel any better? At first I could show some empathy for your frustration, but the more the OP posts, the more I agree with Keta1969 post.
    ​Agree with Keta1969 and BRvalley . . . . .

Can’t we all just get along!😄😄

Yeah I'd be pissed too if some dummy on a dirt bike ripped by me as a was stalking a deer or something I'd just spotted.

Boo hoo, someone came up the road on a dirt bike, started cutting wood, drove past me, etc

We all have the right to use crown land!! You can only control your own actions. If you encounter a disrespectful person/party go on with your day and forget the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Boo hoo, someone came up the road on a dirt bike, started cutting wood, drove past me, etc

We all have the right to use crown land!! You can only control your own actions. If you encounter a disrespectful person/party go on with your day and forget the idiots.
    Exactly. It's a road . For vehicles 2 or 4 wheels . If your gonna freak out cause you spotted a deer off the road and a vehicle cane by on that ROAD ment for vehicle s freaking out will show your lack of intelligence and show your massive ego.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”