Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Ministry response to Gitxsan eviction notice

Re: Ministry response to Gitxsan eviction notice

Quote Originally Posted by edgar11 View Post
    Its funny AR that some guys on this thread "think" they represent the "Majority" of the Non-Native People of Canada. They fail to realize that we are a very diverse Country and in fact, "they" are most likely "the Minority" in their way of thinking. I am guessing that the majority of them are old retired fellas who have nothing better to do than complain about one thing or another. I have found there are about 1/2 dozen or a dozen of them or so who preach the "one law for all" motto and see it no other way. In reality, we all follow the Canadian Law but they don't like it when it does not profit them in any way. It's funny also that they spit out derogatory comments(waiting for the cheque,handout etc.) about FN people but claim they are NOT Racist. Its sad really that people always have to look at the "Negative" in situations and can't see one positive in anything. It is not really a good way to live your life and it will give you an ulcer if nothing else. Cheers.
    I disagree. I think the pendulum is swinging. Slowly. I'm as far as it gets from being an "old retired fella". All my family and most of my friends are non-hunters. They're generally a pretty liberal bunch and they all think the government needs to put their foot down and stop all the payouts and back bending. It's ridiculous. One law for all Canadians. How can that be racist?

By the way, I don't use native to represent Indians anymore because, well, I'm a native as well. Born and raised in Canada and I'm white.

Hmm its coming when 40 % of the baby boomers start retiring...the taxes they have paid...to see old age retirement disapear...and cpp go to age 70 before benifits start...they will look at the obscene handouts to chiefs...the cost of indians blocking Canadas future for their outrageous terrorist demands yup keep on pissing on the hand that feeds you...every day is affecting more and more Canadians...Cpp wont be strengthened so those that paid into that system can survive..news flash..cuz your born on a rez is meaning less and less as each Canadian realizes what a pathetic leech this system is you want a car? Go get a job pay the taxes and full fuel prices..realize we the tax payers are so done with giving you a free pass while you demand more and shut down the ecenomic machine that produces the revenue..through the taxpayer..
    Hmmm far from racist....itsvthose demanding more freebees cuz of some inherent belief that they are special...you are special..no get to the back of the short yellow school bus and shut up.
    Im fiirst nation

I too was born in Canada
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Name one positive that could possibly come from this for canadians ?? If you can come up with anything ...weigh that against all the negatives and you will undoubtedly come up with the same conclusion as most of the other posters . Your welcome !
    The one most important part of all of this is the preservation of our beautiful, prestine Lands and resources. I think if you poll the population, most will all agree that this is the most important part of the equation no matter what color or ethnic backround you come from. Do you not think that this is a positive Dannybuoy? Who else is going to fight for this? The government? People arguing their woes on the internet? You can put whatever kind of twist on this as you want to but this is the bottom line. Period.

"Hmm its coming when 40 % of the baby boomers start retiring...the taxes they have paid...to see old age retirement disapear...and cpp go to age 70 before benifits start...they will look at the obscene handouts to chiefs...the cost of indians blocking Canadas future for their outrageous terrorist demands yup keep on pissing on the hand that feeds you...every day is affecting more and more Canadians...Cpp wont be strengthened so those that paid into that system can survive..news flash..cuz your born on a rez is meaning less and less as each Canadian realizes what a pathetic leech this system is you want a car? Go get a job pay the taxes and full fuel prices..realize we the tax payers are so done with giving you a free pass while you demand more and shut down the ecenomic machine that produces the revenue..through the taxpayer..
    Hmmm far from racist....itsvthose demanding more freebees cuz of some inherent belief that they are special...you are special..no get to the back of the short yellow school bus and shut up.
    Im fiirst nation

I too was born in Canada
    Steven"

Whats your point Rupp? Are paying me some kind of "handout" and therefore seem entitled to rant to me? Well "news flash" Champ, I too pay taxes and therefore "I" am paying "YOUR" Handout(Pension) or whatever retirement payment you are getting or will be getting very soon. So should I now complain to you how much of a drain you are on "MY" paycheck? You need to realize that times have changed and some FN People actually have jobs and pay taxes like everyone else. Guess what? We also vote too? Go figure. Did you realize that the Lieutenant Governor of Canada was a FN person? Just saying..............

Quote Originally Posted by Mishka View Post
    I disagree. I think the pendulum is swinging. Slowly. I'm as far as it gets from being an "old retired fella". All my family and most of my friends are non-hunters. They're generally a pretty liberal bunch and they all think the government needs to put their foot down and stop all the payouts and back bending. It's ridiculous. One law for all Canadians. How can that be racist?

By the way, I don't use native to represent Indians anymore because, well, I'm a native as well. Born and raised in Canada and I'm white.
    Mishka didn't say its racist to say "one law for all" he said its racist to make innuendoes about waiting for cheques. I guess I can add a 3rd thing to his comment, angry men trying to change the topic when called out.

Quote Originally Posted by olympia View Post
    Mishka didn't say its racist to say "one law for all" he said its racist to make innuendoes about waiting for cheques. I guess I can add a 3rd thing to his comment, angry men trying to change the topic when called out.
    Me trying to change the topic? No. Based on his posts, edgar11 seems to have an issue with the concept of all Canadians being treated equally. That's the basis of my earlier post. If I'm wrong, he can correct me. I get the innuendoes about waiting for cheques, etc. especially if he's a working, tax paying First Nation. And people need to bite their tongue, but I tell ya', it's getting harder and harder not to generalize. I'm not racist at all. I just don't like what's going on.

Hmm yes some natives do have jobs..there are exceptions..actually plenty of them...however the demands have gotten way out of hand..
    And if you are paying my pension? Can I have a raise? Please.....thank you....
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm yes some natives do have jobs..there are exceptions..actually plenty of them...however the demands have gotten way out of hand..
    And if you are paying my pension? Can I have a raise? Please.....thank you....
    Cheers
    Steven
    Hmmm, only way yer getting a raise is if ya block a highway and state yer demands, let us know how it works out for ya please! K