Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to hunt Seal too

I want to hunt Seal too

What are the arguments towards, putting hunting Pinniped's, in the hunting Reg's?

I realize the FN are leading the charge (in the media).

Fair enough, so be it..

Remember, it's all for one, one for all?

Thoughts?..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I want to hunt Seal too

Im all in. Where do we sign up? Seals look delicious

guest Guest

Id love to be involved.
    Ive fished the BC Saltchuck Coastlines north to south on too many places to list every year for almost 60 years and many of those places year round.

We used to point and say hey cool look a seal. No Longer they are a HUGE PIECE that have decimated our Salmon Runs. Some 50 plus years ago, they were managed mostly by Commercial fisherman and FN alike.
    Then DFO in another one of their magnificent decisions and makes it Illegal to shoot seals.
    Salmon populations north to south use to abound. Incredible Runs of all varieties.....We Always witnessed our Local Orcas we all called Blackfish......and in comparable numbers they are today. No they are not going extinct.

fast forward to today.

Seals and Sea Lions everywhere.
    Healthy Tranisient Killer Whale populations...they eat seals. They are having Zero affect on the present Seal population Boom. They cant eat enough.
    SRKWhale pops apparently declining......they eat Salmon .
    2+2 = 4.......again Seals eat Salmon. Sea Lions Eat Salmon.

The Fraser mouth and coastline rivers .April through June is Loaded with these dump bears of the sea. They're feasting upon theFry and Smolts of our various runs headed out to the first taste of their life at Sea. The Seals and Lions are destroying our products of Salmon brood stock.......estimates claim up to 80 percent of these smolts are being cobbled up before even getting there.

The summer and fall Runs of all our returning Salmon on route to spawn show up agin to the bottleneck of our rivers mouths reaching out to the coastlines . Into the gauntlet of Seals.in the bottlenecks..... Destroying yet more and more of our runs.

For those saying the harvest is wrong need to get off their politically correct backsides and witness it first hand.
    The over abundance of these creatures has EXPLODED.

YOU BET ITS TIME FOR A CULL, A HUNT, A HARVEST.

YES Id love to be one of the Hunters.
    Last edited by guest; 02-08-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Everyone on this forum needs to join Pacific Balance Pinniped Society, facebook group.
    Lean it on your trailer hitch and whack it with any hammer you have. That usually knocks the front ramp off so you can then work on the sight easier. The stripped or broken screws can be dealt with later. Gun Tech

there was bright white light just in front of me and I was pretty sure my dead grandmother was standing there with a glass of milk and some home made cookies. Steve W

I'd love to hunt seal. The hide and fat are invaluable for a self sufficient lifestyle !!! We wait, that's probably why you can't harvest them.

I have no problem with a cull but I bet they taste about as delicious as old rutting caribou.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Mmmm mercury poisoning

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Mmmm mercury poisoning
    No actually. 30 Samples have already been tested and all is safe for human consumption.

But.....like the Grizzly Hunt.....decisions will likely be made to please the granolla munching mis informed hypocrites.

You want to save our Salmon Runs and SRKWhales...... Cull the Lions and Seals to sustainable levels for all our BC coastal marine life.

Were in the Worst Shape we can be with the Libs federally and the NDGreens provincially.

Continue to manage to ZERO........

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    No actually. 30 Samples have already been tested and all is safe for human consumption.

But.....like the Grizzly Hunt.....decisions will likely be made to please the granolla munching mis informed hypocrites.

You want to save our Salmon Runs and SRKWhales...... Cull the Lions and Seals to sustainable levels for all our BC coastal marine life.

Were in the Worst Shape we can be with the Libs federally and the NDGreens provincially.

Continue to manage to ZERO........
    Agreed. Cull the seals.

my only concern is with blood trailing a wounded seal...someone needs to start training sharks for blood trailing them....