Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-12B shut down for motor vehicles

Re: 5-12B shut down for motor vehicles

So can someone please show me where in any of the treaties, or UNDRIP, it ensures the use of motorized vehicles in the face of conservation concerns? Every case I have read says that conservation is the only thing that can limit First Nation hunting. The courts have ruled that they are allowed to hunt year around in all the closed areas, have no age or sex limitations but that conservation concerns so allow for rules to be put in place. Show me the case that says otherwise please!
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

QUOTE ! The Motor Vehicle for Hunting Prohibition is a result of deliberations between First Nations and the Province

The Indians and the NDP have Phucked us over again ! RJ

So there is a "closure" for licensed hunters with an LEH..... and yet there are "no restrictions to First Nations Hunters".

There is a phrase that is becoming prevalent these days, and it seems very appropriate here.... "**** That Shit"

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    So there is a "closure" for licensed hunters with an LEH..... and yet there are "no restrictions to First Nations Hunters".

There is a phrase that is becoming prevalent these days, and it seems very appropriate here.... "**** That Shit"

I don't know why you guys are expecting any different here....... our government has no jurisdiction over natives with wildlife and they don't want to either.
    We have people working within our government, ones close by with the ear of government, who refer to themselves as white settler guests on this unceded territory of _________
    and refer to Canada as "turtle island"

This is all just going to get SO much worse unless we cut it off at the head, the universities which are teaching radical indigenous governance, unsettling Canada, decolonization, all based on a radical revolutionary marxist platform. And no PembyMess, its not just "critical thinking" they teach direct activism, civil disobedience, they give out activism awards, bring in radicals for speakers, they have GEOGRAPHY classes where going out and joining activist groups, protesting is 40% of their grade. We really need to stop funding a revolution against ourselves with our own tax dollars.

They see us "settlers" as nothing more that a collective group of oppressors and natives as oppressed. They view everything as a power game.
    Every issue will fall under this lens with indoctrinated activist ideologues at the helm, we will never win a single issue no matter how practical or logical it is.
    Last edited by Sirloin; 08-29-2018 at 06:38 PM.

^^^Much of what you say is true.

I think I'm going to "identify" as "one who is offended" by the term "Settler". That way, every time it's used I can take a page from the snowflake manual and scream "RACIST"

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
    I don't know why you guys are expecting any different here....... our government has no jurisdiction over natives with wildlife and they don't want to either.
    We have people working within our government, ones close by with the ear of government, who refer to themselves as white settler guests on this unceded territory of _________
    and refer to Canada as "turtle island"

This is all just going to get SO much worse unless we cut it off at the head, the universities which are teaching radical indigenous governance, unsettling Canada, decolonization, all based on a radical revolutionary marxist platform.

They see "settlers" as nothing more that a collective group of oppressor and natives as oppressed. They view everything as a power game.
    Every issue will fall under this lens with indoctrinated activist ideologues at the helm, we will never win a single issue no matter how practical or logical it is.
    I agree, and sadly I'm not expecting anything different anymore really....

I guess I am/was just hoping for better, but I now know that's not going to happen.

This is another example of Canada’s move towards apartheid
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

It's time every person realized that hunters and fishermen are low hanging fruit in the theater of politics. Until Joe Left Wing voter starts not being to buy their daily Starbucks and fuel up their outdoorsy Subaru, don't expect to hold any political traction... with whatever political party is in power.

Canada has a moral superiority complex, but we really are just as base as anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    So can someone please show me where in any of the treaties, or UNDRIP, it ensures the use of motorized vehicles in the face of conservation concerns? Every case I have read says that conservation is the only thing that can limit First Nation hunting. The courts have ruled that they are allowed to hunt year around in all the closed areas, have no age or sex limitations but that conservation concerns so allow for rules to be put in place. Show me the case that says otherwise please!
    This^^^^^
    I haven't a clue as to how section 35 rights are being infringed if FN had to abide by the same prohibition.
    Also I would challenge anyone to explain why.

These actions have nothing to do with conservation, its all about power and revenge,Sirloin is absolutely correct, I really fear for what kind of country this is becoming for our kids.I really do not know how to fight this or who is in our corner.If we oppose it we are deemed racist yet our own government separates us with different standards and laws