Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to hype up some bear hunters..

Re: Time to hype up some bear hunters..

It will be a month before I go looking. I am almost finished the 20lbs of deer sausage I made. I want to get a bear and make farmer sausage and a breakfast sausage with it. I have enough natural casings to do 100 lbs. And I have a smoke house. And I am building a bigger smoke house. Then it will be time to hit the ice off fishing. No rainbows left in the freezer.
    I want to catch and smoke some suckers this spring too.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Mmmm. That looks delicious !!!!
    two weeks and counting until I drag my ass out and start looking.. going to be picky this year so I can use bear hunting as an excuse to get into better shape for chasing elk through the mountains this fall.

sorry dude. Law states you must stay in 3 =P

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    sorry dude. Law states you must stay in 3 =P
    Pfft. Elk are legal less than a 20 minute quad ride out my back door. Nice try bud nice thing about straddling two zones.

7+ inch wide grizzly tracks in the mud south east of 150 Mile House Moffat lake area. No black ones yet.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Rackstar: Which law, where? Please cite specific source of law, page, paragraph, sentences, as this could be very impactful to hunters all over BC.

Quote Originally Posted by orest.06 View Post
    Rackstar: Which law, where? Please cite specific source of law, page, paragraph, sentences, as this could be very impactful to hunters all over BC.

he was busting my balls. Don’t worry all you lower mainlanders can still legally flood the rest of the province to eat your tag soup

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    It will be a month before I go looking. I am almost finished the 20lbs of deer sausage I made. I want to get a bear and make farmer sausage and a breakfast sausage with it. I have enough natural casings to do 100 lbs. And I have a smoke house. And I am building a bigger smoke house. Then it will be time to hit the ice off fishing. No rainbows left in the freezer.
    I want to catch and smoke some suckers this spring too.
    Is you smoke house designed to do cold smoking?
    I want to build one too and would be interested to see your plans.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    7+ inch wide grizzly tracks in the mud south east of 150 Mile House Moffat lake area. No black ones yet.
    Can't wait to get up there...

Dandelion and clover growing all over around kamloops... looks like the fun is about to begin!

Almost done eating our families bears from last year...we got 2 big ones and one small one, this guy was the oldest, he had a nice crease in the skull and was missing teeth. He was sure hard on the knives cutting him up...we wrapped and labeled the 3 bears separately from young to old to see if there was a taste difference. We ground them all once through the small plate and can't tell the difference, they all taste amazing!

Can't wait to get out again this year, hopefully it won't involve a fine to dispute lol
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA