Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you Encountered a Grizzly, what are your thresholds. Comments.

Re: What would you do if you Encountered a Grizzly, what are your thresholds. Comment

During bow only season, we always have a couple of close grizzly encounters each year. Close is less than 20 yards. We always stand our ground. A couple of times, once the immediate situation is stable we slowly back out. And we've been close to contact a couple of times with charges. Charges into less that 10 feet. Definitely escalate our tone and get our MMA pre fight face on. Never shot a bear.

Re: What would you do if you Encountered a Grizzly, what are your thresholds. Comment

When Grizz charge me I run away. So far has worked out lol

^^^^heck of a name with that motto hahaha...just teasing....I see some of these guys with the bear coming up the tree that tjey have a stand in and just dont get it....thing would pull you right outta that stand if it wants.....I was told by an old hunter if the grizz is charging full on aim for between the front elbows...that way the round hits in the throat or skull...this of course due to slight leed and bears charging speed....havnt had to try it yet

Young black bears are very dangerous too...

Let him smell my feet he will think I’m dead
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

If I come face to face with a Grizzly and it doesn’t immediately turn tail and run in the opposite direction it’s getting shot. I’m talking inside 50 feet close.

That’s my threshold. Doesn’t mean it was going to eat me but I’m not going to take any chances either. If one of us is going to have a bad day I’m going to do my part to make sure it’s not me and I’ll let the cards fall where they may after that.

I just carry my tax returns from the last few years.

Any bear comes near me, I just pull them out and the response is a smile and "you've been "f**cked up enough. I can't get anything more from you. All the best!"

^^^*****!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    If I come face to face with a Grizzly and it doesn’t immediately turn tail and run in the opposite direction it’s getting shot. I’m talking inside 50 feet close.

That’s my threshold. Doesn’t mean it was going to eat me but I’m not going to take any chances either. If one of us is going to have a bad day I’m going to do my part to make sure it’s not me and I’ll let the cards fall where they may after that.
    That's more like it. Any bear and 50 yards for me.

50 ft or 50 yds ?
    I only practice my Rifleman shots to 50 ft
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole