Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Re: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Air Canada has got them beat hands down
    you got that right! Oh god how I hate them.

I've had two mystery ranch packs and frames since they released the guide light models. Late 2018, when cleaning my bag post season, I noticed a small 1" tear in a seam at the base of the frame. I assume this was caused from the pack snagging on a log while packing a deer through some serious blow down. One email to their warranty facility, with a photo of the tear, and several very basic follow up emails, they sent me a brand new frame, waste belt and yoke, free of charge. Absolute top notch service. This is the only issue I've had with some serious use and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Air Canada has got them beat hands down
    AC: "We're not happy until you're not happy."
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

You guys must be making good wages! I've never paid attention to this brand until this thread. $500 for a backpack? Go to Aliexpress and pay $50 for something doing exactly the same thing!
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

Quote Originally Posted by rollingrock View Post
    You guys must be making good wages! I've never paid attention to this brand until this thread. $500 for a backpack? Go to Aliexpress and pay $50 for something doing exactly the same thing!
    It never gets any less true, ya don't know what ya don't know!

For a truly capable mountain hunting pack/frame combo, $500cdn would be a pretty damn good deal.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    It never gets any less true, ya don't know what ya don't know!

For a truly capable mountain hunting pack/frame combo, $500cdn would be a pretty damn good deal.
    The truth is I can't afford for a $500 backpack and some other fancy stuffs marke with fancy prices. That's why I never look at those brand names. I've found those framed backpacks and other stuffs on Aliexpress do the jobs for me and only cost that much. LOL
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

I’ve beat the crap out of my metcalf for almost 2 years. Holding up great. I would buy/recommend them anyday

Go figure how it works. The dealings I had with Mystery Ranch were all positive. While on the other hand I will never buy anything Swarovski again, yet every one else all had positive things to say about them. It's almost like every now and then they just decide to be ignorant! Maybe its like lets phuck over every 100th customer?

Been thinking of upgrading my pack....A plastic frame Coleman Peak 1, first sheep I packed off a mountain with it was back in the mid 80's and the pack is still in decent shape ....I'm pretty sure it was priced around 100 back then so 500 for a good pack now isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Been thinking of upgrading my pack....A plastic frame Coleman Peak 1, first sheep I packed off a mountain with it was back in the mid 80's and the pack is still in decent shape ....I'm pretty sure it was priced around 100 back then so 500 for a good pack now isn't bad.
    I upgraded from a badlands pack to stone glacier. Will never look back, I have back and shoulder issues and I’ve never been more comfortable while hiking than with this stone glacier pack.