Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Re: Never buy Mystery Ranch

I have two Mystery Ranch packs and still one Dana Design all three have seen serious use outside of a couple broken buckles they have been bombproof. When I needed a new buckle they gave me 3 for free and I paid the shipping. That was several years ago and companies change.

Thanks for the heads up, very helpfull

Thanks for sharing your experience

Quote Originally Posted by Markjames View Post
    Soooo here is my story. Thought I would share it for anyone in the pack market (wish I new before I bought). Purchased a brand new (2019 version) of mystery ranch metcalf. When it arrived it had 2 broken zippers. Not a cheap pack . So I called the warranty department and they told me there was nothing they could do because I live in Canada. If I sent it to them they would fix it but my cost both ways and duty . That would be 3/4 of the bag price !!!!! Absolutely a joke. I talked to many others in the mystery ranch department and no one could help me. Sooo I got 3 Canadian reps involved. Took me hours and about 2 weeks. They decided to send me a new bag ( thank you reps). but since it was a 2019 version they would have to make me a new hip belt because they were out of stock. When the new bag arrived the hip belt wasn’t measured correctly and was 4 inches shorter then the original size.........they my actually told me there was nothing they could do. Said I shouldn’t buy mystery ranch if I don’t live in the states. They do have a repair facility in Ottawa but shipping isn’t covered Absolutely the worst customer service and quality control. Buy something else !!!! Anything else.
    Air Canada has got them beat hands down

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

I have been very happy with my Mystery Ranch pack.

do you still have the old bag with broken zippers? I will buy it!
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Air Canada has got them beat hands down
    yup I agree, Air Canada is one of the worst but Airlines in general treat customers like shit.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    do you still have the old bag with broken zippers? I will buy it!
    no. I bought a new sight for my bow and used the bag for a target. Hahaha nahhh they made me ship it back. But that also took many arguments before they paid for that. Also don’t get me wrong. The bag itself is awesome (when the zippers zip) Just the company isn’t worth wasting your time with.

Too bad about your experience. It would be a shame to turn folks away from good products because of one bad experience. I have the NICE frame and two pack (Metcalf and CrewCab) along with several other MR products. I'm a big fan. I'm lucky maybe... I haven't had to contact customer service.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I have had nothing but good experiences with MR. In fact I have heard very little if any bad reviews. Sorry they screwed you around. sounds like they made good on it in the end