Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts

Re: Your thoughts

I thought you were starting some club or something, why don't ya starting hunting first then after a few years if ya think we need something have atter! Jmho, K

the signage is just a courtesy thing in delta. it makes people aware that hunting season is on and if they disagree with it ,not to walk there....dale

Like Martha what's her name would say, "It's a good thing!".
    See you down the road

I think u hunters should just leave the marsh all together so everybody can enjoy , especially the brunswick point so I can enjoy my walks and watch the ducks and geese!!

"Storm", you do realize this is a hunting website don't you? It seems pretty simple to me, the waterfowlers are pursuing a heritage that has been around for centuries, and is as much a part of the area toy speak of as the birds themselves.. They are providing a natural source of protein for their families that is not contaminated by steroids, antibiotics and hormones. They are putting 100s of 1000s of dollars into the local economy and into conservation of the wet lands and it's wildlife. They are keeping a balance in the population which prevents ugly deaths of wildlife like disease and starvation. They are helping to protect the crops and farmlands that produce food you eat as well as doing their part to keep public recreation areas free disease carrying waterfowl excrement.
    My husband, friends and some of the finest people I know are waterfowlers who put more back into the environment by far, than they ever take out so people such as yourself will enjoy watching the wildlife for generations to come. If you do not care to share their world with them there is always the local parks for bird watching in their "natural" environment.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    I think u hunters should just leave the marsh all together so everybody can enjoy , especially the brunswick point so I can enjoy my walks and watch the ducks and geese!!
    Yer getting better every post, never get skunked on here, always a few that'll bite!! K

Kelly it's never a 'bite' when someone is passionate enough to defend OUR way of way of life. People need to stand up for their heritage loud and proud even if it's against a TROLL
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

So Storm is a member since 2008 and has made 11 posts - 1 in the last 3 months --- As we used say in the early 90's --- "Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm?"
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

Is an excellent idea,
    1. It will stop any intention from hikers or others to harrass You.
    3. Educates People regarding hunting season and hunting areas.
    3. It shows the legality of Our Hunting Heritage and right to Hunt.
    4. Avoids any surprises and accidents for both hikers and hunters if someone walks unexpectedly out of the bush.
    5. People will now that a shot is not a criminal activity.
    6. Parents will have more control on their Children. (Dog Owners too).

But Always: Make Sure Of Your Target and Beyond
    Last edited by BlackOwL; 08-27-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    May the 4art be with you

The MOE actually put up some signs informing the public, about hunting activity in the Cowichan estuary! It doesn't seem to work very well???
    Either we have some of the densest people on the planet here, or they don't comprehend the English language at all. I suspect the real reason is their minds are already made up ,regarding hunting. The signs are either pulled down or obscured with spray paint!! I used to ignore the insults hurled at us
    by the "bunny huggers" and local "birders"!! In my old age I give back as good as I get. Reasoning with an ignoramus' is not an option anymore.
    I've given our local CO a heads-up, that I want charges laid against any harassment directed at us during our legal seasonal activities??
    We'll see how it plays out this campaign? Cheers ---Field Marshal.