Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Hunting anyone??? Literally

Bison Hunting anyone??? Literally

Congratulations on all those who got bison LEH. For the rest of us that didn't, I guess we get to hunt them GOS?? At least that is what the new regs say!Season is short though, Only goes from Sept 1 to Jan 31.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bison Hunting anyone??? Literally

It’s also not in the area of the LEHs.. it’s on neighbouring zones where they don’t want the bison to expand into... will some get taken GOs this year and maybe the next year or two? Sure it’s likely but beyond that, the population will go down and the animals will smarten up and then the GOS will rarely be utilized. That’s my uneducated guess anyways. See ya up there oct 1 after my moose hunt for a gos bison !

Very little of the areas open for general season actually have bison that are accessible without horses. There is always a chance but there will be many unused tags IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Chaser View Post
    Very little of the areas open for general season actually have bison that are accessible without horses. There is always a chance but there will be many unused tags IMO.
    You are correct - the places where the GOS was put in are "fringe" areas of the bison range and the hope is to keep it that way. The chances of harvesting a bison in the GOS areas are pretty slim most days i.e. if you are on a snowmobile trip in those areas you might want to have a bison tag with you. To make a trip from Vancouver Island with the hope of harvesting a bison in the GOS areas will most likely lead to disappointment other than it's always nice to be out in the backcountry.

still sounds fun though. Anyone who has ever tried to roll over a bison will be sure to think twice about shooting it unless it is on the road or dang close to a trail......

I see a map showing general open season areas but I cant actually find the regulation/season dates for it??

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I see a map showing general open season areas but I cant actually find the regulation/season dates for it??
    Page 80 September 1 to January 31

At $70 per tag, what a nice way to make some cash. They should have a GOS in all management units

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Sounds like a late season, cold snowy kinda hunt to me. The high elevation snow pack will drive the animals down into the meadows, and on to the south facing loafs where the wind will blow the snow off and expose the grass? That's when I'd go, if it was me, if playing in -30 weather sounds fun to you, it sure as Phuck don't to me!! Good luck! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Sounds like a late season, cold snowy kinda hunt to me. The high elevation snow pack will drive the animals down into the meadows, and on to the south facing loafs where the wind will blow the snow off and expose the grass? That's when I'd go, if it was me, if playing in -30 weather sounds fun to you, it sure as Phuck don't to me!! Good luck! Moosin
    X2 ... bison get a hard pass from me as well. Maybe one day when my gf wins the lottery and I can afford all the equipment