Page 192 of 197 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Be prepared for 2ft of snow. There won't be any whitetail at 1300m this November but focus on the 800 to 1100m range. The deer are compressed into the winter range elevation early this fall. Things might expand if snow settles or melts a bit. Let's hope for no crust. Forecast is cool and dry this week, with snow to come the following week.

Looking forward to hearing about guys' tactics this weekend, should be great rut activity!

Quote Originally Posted by one-shot-wonder View Post
    Be prepared for 2ft of snow. There won't be any whitetail at 1300m this November but focus on the 800 to 1100m range. The deer are compressed into the winter range elevation early this fall. Things might expand if snow settles or melts a bit. Let's hope for no crust. Forecast is cool and dry this week, with snow to come the following week.

Looking forward to hearing about guys' tactics this weekend, should be great rut activity!
    That’s unfortunate. I guess I won’t get up there the rest of this year……

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Plans for hunting the rut this coming weekend may be in jeopardy because of work. Any report on what the weather is like east of Penticton around the 1300m mark? How much snow? I know its going to be cold but heard there is a lot of snow on the ground.
    A great source for weather conditions is local ski resorts, in your case Apex or Baldy. Regular snow reports & webcams so you get an actual visual at altitude. Silver Star here in Vernon has opened Nordic Ski Trails & are planning an early opening for Alpine skiing.

not sure which is worse
    can't go or won't go based on someones trash talk
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

So I've seen that the mulies are starting to rut, but I typically find that the whitetails will start to chase does around usually after 3rd week of November, but is anyone noticing any whitetail rut activity starting as of yet? I'm talking South/Central interior BC..

Yup seen a huge whitetail yesterday palmated antlers even.. never seen him before.

Watched a whitie rubbing and scraping in my backyard two weeks ago. Have new bucks showing up on camera there all the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    not sure which is worse
    can't go or won't go based on someones trash talk
    Looks like work might have shifted and I may make it to there after all. Friend is going in to the bush up there today and will report back on the roads. He’s going farther in than I do.
    I’ve been looking forward to this all year! Getting my first moose this year didn’t satisfy my desire for a big mature whitetail.

I found a scrape and rub line last week while checking a camera and the camera captured two young bucks nose to the ground following two does.. about 4 minutes behind the doe..

Quote Originally Posted by one-shot-wonder View Post

Was up checking cards and restocking yesterday at 2 of my spots. GPS has the elevation at the the two sites marked 1512m and 1247m. Deer are piled in there thick as thieves.

The deer at the lower elevation site (1247m) winter there every year regardless of snow levels. Take what you will from that but I would not overlook the upper elevation areas.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."