Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeing many deer?

Re: Seeing many deer?

Saw this guy this morning at 163 and 92 in Surrey. Not sure the neighbors would have paid much attention to an extra gun shot in the area but I thought I better not risk it.

in my usual spot for wt near rock creek I saw as many mule deer as wt this year...in 12 previous years I only saw 1 md total..this years trip I saw 7 md..I was told/warned md were coming back a couple of years ago so a little extra time and a better view was critical this hunt..missed split second chances 3 times on wt....as we know, most of the time you see the tail on a wt they are already buggering off.. sure enough I saw 2 wt at a spot one evening and in nearly the exact spot 2 md the next morning...first time ever it took 8 days to fill my wt tag...

Let's not complain about the amount of MD were seeing. This is a good thing.
    The evasive WT is expanding everywhere the MD used to be ......
    Let's hope the strong MD #s grow and grow. But I doubt it will ever get to historical #s. Their curiosity gets them killed, plus year round hunting by a Certain group doesn't help.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    in my usual spot for wt near rock creek I saw as many mule deer as wt this year...in 12 previous years I only saw 1 md total..this years trip I saw 7 md..I was told/warned md were coming back a couple of years ago so a little extra time and a better view was critical this hunt..missed split second chances 3 times on wt....as we know, most of the time you see the tail on a wt they are already buggering off.. sure enough I saw 2 wt at a spot one evening and in nearly the exact spot 2 md the next morning...first time ever it took 8 days to fill my wt tag...
    I too have a spot that used to only hold WT, and now I regularly see more mulies there than WT...but as mentioned, it is good that MD are rebounding in certain areas, shows one positive result of the WT doe season..

definately not complaining..more of a warning...very nice to see...just means being more careful and missing an opportunity or 2...

I'm not complaining either. Most of the time they're like rodents.

Quote Originally Posted by GGB View Post
    Saw this guy this morning at 163 and 92 in Surrey. Not sure the neighbors would have paid much attention to an extra gun shot in the area but I thought I better not risk it.

You must have photo shopped that. Everyone knows there are no WT in region 2. That’s why there is no season for them

I had two WT in my lower acre at 168th and 20th in South Surrey about five years ago…
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Put 200k on Friday north of PG not really the best deer country around but seen one kill a fair bit of tracks. BUT lots fo Grizzly tracks a 1/4 to 1/3 of the time we were driving on Grizzly tracks, not all road hunters drive trucks.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    You must have photo shopped that. Everyone knows there are no WT in region 2. That’s why there is no season for them

I had two WT in my lower acre at 168th and 20th in South Surrey about five years ago…
    That's Not a White Tail.
    BTail all the way
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Don’t think a full moon really helps either right now during the rut???