Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Re: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Way out in the bush with nothing and nobody around it can not be a train or some other big equipment.
    Steve how to hunt channel on youtube talks about sasquatch and other weird creatures, so who knows?
    Only equipment I could think of is if they were heli logging somewhere? But not sure if they do that that close to roads instead of just making a road

Lol my Dad says "its a sasquatch on mushrooms because its not a f***ing moose"

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Only equipment I could think of is if they were heli logging somewhere? But not sure if they do that that close to roads instead of just making a road
    I can't imagine heli logging making that kind of sound.
    When I worked at Canadian Helicopters most of the choppers used were the Sikorsky S61, we had to repair them many times and I know what they sound.
    Dragging a chain, or rope across rocks or logs don't make that kind of noise.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I can't imagine heli logging making that kind of sound.
    When I worked at Canadian Helicopters most of the choppers used were the Sikorsky S61, we had to repair them many times and I know what they sound.
    Dragging a chain, or rope across rocks or logs don't make that kind of noise.
    No definitely wouldn't be a noise like that, that is weird

Noise was confirmed, it was a grader scraping the blade in a parking lot. Dense cloud cover and mountains assisted in making the noise.

I was going to guess a drunk neighbor running his Theremin through a stadium sized amp… But having scraped asphalt with a big excavator with a clean up bucket on, I can agree 100% with the grader comment. Hardened steel being dragged across pavement can make some crazy noises. But 30 km from paved roads? Not sure what to think there. Maybe someone cleaning rock off for blasting drill?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Cstmntnhntr View Post
    Noise was confirmed, it was a grader scraping the blade in a parking lot. Dense cloud cover and mountains assisted in making the noise.
    Definately a metallic sound , this sounds plausible . The video clearly shows asphalt so the 30 km from pavement statement would be false .

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok thanks for pointing that out, can’t believe how wrong I was and how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I don't know why he always attacks me so vicously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    The video clearly shows asphalt so the 30 km from pavement statement would be false .
    Bentwrench said that the video depicts the SAME sound, not that it was his video. He clearly states that they heard the noise in region 2-8 (Vancouver to Squamish and over to Harrison/Stave area) in November of 2019 or 2020. The video clearly shows it was filmed in Terrace in August of 2013, so there is no point in saying there is pavement in the video.

Given the area covered by 2-8, there is a crap ton of logging going on. I’m still betting it was an excavator scraping rock for blasting. Those machines have lights, and if a road building contract was behind schedule, an operator could easily be burning the midnight oil. That type of noise would travel a lot farther than the engine noise or lights of a hoe.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I keep taking pix of weird shit I find to put up on this post - but then I forget to post them. Besides, posting pix on here sucks for me.

I found a tampon last year - up on a ridge....

This year I found a needle for a syringe. Huge gauge - still in the protective plastic sleeve. This one was near the road but still in the woods.

Could have been a female hiker lost a spare ! Someone using one to put game sent on . Like to see some of your weird pictures . If I can post pictures ANYONE CAN ! I am probably the least tech savvy person on HBC !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    I keep taking pix of weird shit I find to put up on this post - but then I forget to post them. Besides, posting pix on here sucks for me.

I found a tampon last year - up on a ridge....

This year I found a needle for a syringe. Huge gauge - still in the protective plastic sleeve. This one was near the road but still in the woods.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !