Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: something you don't see everyday....

Re: something you don't see everyday....

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    If you make a successful brain shot the animal drops.

If you take a head shot and the animal is stumbling around, something went wrong and you better keep shooting.
    You exactly right! That idea was going around in my head.
    It was trying to get up....I had it in the scope but no clear shot presented..(trees and low shrubs in the way)....when it packed up, head was wrapped under the body....i watched it for movement standing from behind of the animal.....nothing..... and when it happened it fast and sudden.....so I f......up.

Sometimes it is hard to get the cross hairs on the sweet spot when the animal is that close, I usually just point and shoot like I was shootinag a shotgun at a flying grouse. Gun up ,swing , boom!! I releize that you may not hit the desired spot but at this time you wanna knock that animal down again before it runs off. It got up and you are in a less than desirable situation, its now wounded, get another one in it, doesn't always go perfect. Don't be afaid to shoot again. You may ruin a bit of meat but at lease you will have most of it.
    Last edited by Husky7mm; 11-23-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Sometimes it is hard to get the cross hairs on the sweet spot when the animal is that close, I usually just point and shoot like I was shooting a shotgun at a flying grouse. Gun up ,swing , boom!! I releize that you may not hit the desired spot but at this you wanna knock that animal down again before it runs off. It got up and you are in a less than desirable situation, it now wounded, get another one in it, doesn't always go perfect. Don't be afaid to shoot again. You may ruin a bit of meat but at lease you will have most of it.
    That is it. It comes down to experience and I need more of it.....confused and to much confidence..?...shoot again!

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    Standing around texting your buddy when you should be making sure your critter is DEAD is stupid.And if you are one of those people then feel free not to post here.
    aaaww muffin. I see you're good at slingin' shit but catching it is a different story eh? When this site becomes your property you go ahead and tell me where I can post, while you chat with the 2 friends you'll have left. Till then you can curl up with your bottle of gold bond, strap on those depends and take it if you're gonna dish it out so freely.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne