Thread: Bucks.

Bucks.

Hello, So my dad got a buck and tagged it, can I get a buck to becaause I am on a youth license? or does the 1 buck limit stand?
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bucks.

Good question I called regarding that to a Co and biologist you are good to go to shoot a buck the regs are specified regardless of the license to the person go shoot a buck !!

I was of the understanding that if you obtained a youth lic, you were hunting on anothers tags?? In this case your fathers and I didn't think it allowed for an additional deer???
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

If you have a youth license, you are hunting under your dads license. As long as the 2 of you don't exceed his bag limits, you are good to go. if you take the CORE course, you can get your own license and also apply for LEH.

What ever you shoot gos on his tags except for small game you have your own bag limit on those, so if he shot a muley buck in region 8 you are NOT allowed to kill another, you can go to another region and shoot one but remember the provincial bag limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveforthehunt View Post
    Good question I called regarding that to a Co and biologist you are good to go to shoot a buck the regs are specified regardless of the license to the person go shoot a buck !!

WOOHW If your youth is attached to your Dads you cant shoot in the same region he tagged his , you have to follow the rules to the one license and doesnt mean you get to double it. If you have your own, meaning you passed the core and you have your own hunting license with tag then you are good to go!!
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Quote Originally Posted by BigfishCanada View Post
    WOOHW If your youth is attached to your Dads you cant shoot in the same region he tagged his , you have to follow the rules to the one license and doesnt mean you get to double it. If you have your own, meaning you passed the core and you have your own hunting license with tag then you are good to go!!
    Exactly, if Dad has his one deer limit say in Reg 3 that region is closed to both of you. My daughter took a deer in youth season in Reg 3 so that area is closed for me too.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

who is right?? there are conflicting arguments. So who is right, I need proof. tell me the page in the hunting guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Exactly, if Dad has his one deer limit say in Reg 3 that region is closed to both of you. My daughter took a deer in youth season in Reg 3 so that area is closed for me too.
    100% correct answer feel free to check with a CO.

If you are hunting under a youth license you and your father are sharing prov and regional limits of 1 licenses

Page 8,

Bag limits and supervision for youth and initiation hunting licenses.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it